Seadream I roundtrip St. Martin Dec. 3-10, 2016

Rzanjo

We sailed SD II St. Thomas roundtrip last year. We loved St. Barts and are hoping our voyage on SD I on December 3rd will go as planned.

We met so many fun and interesting people on our last trip. We look forward to a similar experience.

Is anyone traveling on the same cruise? Any difference between I and II? How are the destinations? Any inside info about the ship making it in time for this sailing?

Just trying to start a thread pertaining to this sailing and past experiences.

- John and Mindi Z.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi J & M,

I am sure you will have some other fun passengers. SD I and SD II are near identical. Crew are great on both. SD II is one year newer and has (had) some mechanical upgrades over the one year older sister. What I can say I have noticed as differences are mainly due to mechanical issues. We have had noise issues on 2 deck aft which a conversation with the Captain ended. The only real difference I can say is that in the pool on SD I there is a pronounced vibration from the generators in the engine space. This does not happen on SD II. In a conversation with an engineering officer on one voyage he fessed up to the hard mounts of the generator (mounted directly to frame members). SD II seems to have more isolated mounts. Just what I was told. Food and service on both are exceptional. Most people just pick the itinerary they like. Others have crew members who they follow and book one ship. You pays your money and you takes your chances. :D