What I said your favorite River Cruise line?

lovevacadays

i have a friend on a Viking River Cruise this week. It is her first. She is loving it. i typically do ocean cruises. My friend wants to do another River Cruise. I've done 19 ocean cruises which I loved.

What are your favorite river cruise lines? I'm considering doing one. So, starting to do some research. :):):)

You may want to go onto a website called River Cruise Advisor . There is a section that compares River Cruise Companies. What are the differences between Viking, Uniworld, AmaWaterways, Tauck, Croisi Europe, A-Rosa and Scenic.

Very interesting comparisons.

We have cruised with Scenic Amsterdam to Budapest getting ready to do Spectacular South of France with Paris and Monte Carlo and booked on two more on the Eclipse.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

You may want to go onto a website called River Cruise Advisor . There is a section that compares River Cruise Companies. What are the differences between Viking, Uniworld, AmaWaterways, Tauck, Croisi Europe, A-Rosa and Scenic.

Very interesting comparisons.

We have cruised with Scenic Amsterdam to Budapest getting ready to do Spectacular South of France with Paris and Monte Carlo and booked on two more on the Eclipse.

Thank you. I appreciate the website info. I will definitely check it out.

You are more than welcomed. They all have there good points and some have a fun bad. It is more a matter of just going and having a great and wonderful time no matter what. Yes there are perks to some of the various lines and what we liked was All Inclusive. Everything was taken care of. Along with Limos and Private Butlers and Libations to your hearts content.

When we went it was $10,000 cheaper than Viking in a Royal Panorama Suite. This time The Royal Owners Suite.

You are more than welcomed. They all have there good points and some have a fun bad. It is more a matter of just going and having a great and wonderful time no matter what. Yes there are perks to some of the various lines and what we liked was All Inclusive. Everything was taken care of. Along with Limos and Private Butlers and Libations to your hearts content.

When we went it was $10,000 cheaper than Viking in a Royal Panorama Suite. This time The Royal Owners Suite.

Are you comparing to Viking's brochure price, or the actual price which is always 2-for-1? Just asking.

The price that Viking was charging us for an Explorer Suite vs Royal Panorama Suite. Same itinerary same time of year in fact the Biking ship was docked right beside our Scenic ship. Viking was the Lif and Scenic was the Jasper. Had already placed a deposit with Viking an Cancelled.

Bad thing was that also at the time Viking wanted in full payment 16 months prior to sailing not the normal 90 days. So very glad we changed..

More a matter of what one wants. All are good just that some are better than others..

I've only been on Uniworld and I can attest to the fact that they provide an outstanding experience in every way - it's very luxurious, the food is outstanding, the tours are great and the service is also outstanding. We had a suite on the SS Antionette (the taupe and off white colored one with the leopard chairs on the website) and it was just gorgeous and everything we could want. As to all the other lines, all I can say is research, research, research. I'm pretty sure that the Crystal Mozart is also a great ship with amazing food and it is brand new. Tauck is supposed to be amazing and I'm sure there are many other good lines I'm not acquainted with. Research, compare prices and read what others have to say about each ship before you decide.

• 1 month later...

We have been on 36 ocean cruises or first river cruise was April of this year on the Viking Embla 21 days the crew were great but the food was awful, poor quality, and poor preparation worst food we have ever had on a cruise, we talked to couples who had been on Uniworld and they said the food was so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums