Muster drill on Spirit

What is the procedure for the muster drill? I realise this has to be held before we sail; is it still a case of standing on deck wearing life jackets? I know some cruise lines do it differently, and it's a few years since we last sailed on Spirit.

Obviously Longislandtea is one of those who doesn't attend muster which isn't recommended especially if you're new cruisers or on Discovery and Discovery 2 where they check you in digitally using your card or so I'm lead to believe

Obviously Longislandtea is one of those who doesn't attend muster which isn't recommended especially if you're new cruisers or on Discovery and Discovery 2 where they check you in digitally using your card or so I'm lead to believe

Hmmmmm - I do normally attend the Muster Drills, its a good way of meeting people. Maybe I did miss the one on Dream. Ooops totally agree with you, its not a good idea to miss them.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where you are going on your cruise Froggy Busdriver we did Itea Corinth Katakolon Corfu and Kotor, where are you going? Could still help as we did a back to back last year Are you going Croatian ports and Venice?

Hi Froggy Busdriver

Sorry for late reply had to get my cruise news sheets out

Dubrovnik - we had a very early flight there and an early on back so no chance of seeing Dubrovnik on last day and we were shattered when we got there but having been before as a port of call didn't do anything. If you have the energy do visit the old town you can either bus it or go by taxi and the driver will come and collect you at a specified time to come back

Corinth - very nice port of call we just wandered around as we had done the Corinth Canal trip from Athens previously but can really recommend it

Itea - great beaches if that's your thing Others did the trip to Delphi

Katakolon - we wandered around this lovely port and do visit the back streets if you do this. Others went to Olympia birthplace of the Olympic Games

Corfu Town, Kerkyra - you can easily walk into the old town from the port it's lovely. Or a taxi to a beach if that's your thing

We have been here many times so have also visited Mouse Island, also walked across the walkway to the Monastery and up to Airport Cafe which is high above the runway and waved to the passengers arriving and leaving almost at eye level - great fun

Kotor - the highlight of your cruise in my opinion We just walked around the walled town and port as we had been here before but can really recommend the speed boat ride through the fiord. If you're really fit you can walk up the hillside to the old church and then up again to the castle - lots did but too much for me I'm sorry to say would have loved to have done it Do watch the sail out from here it takes over an hour but is wonderful

Have a great cruise

We left Huddersfield at 2am without having gone to bed as part of the M62 was closed during the night for re-building so when we arrived in Dubrovnik we were knackered We had some lunch a few drinks in the sunshine and then went to bed for a few hours after unpacking Up for muster and then were able to make sail away party and be up early to get a sunbed on the following sea day Its a great cruise - enjoy

In recent weeks I have read of some who have had muster at 8.30pm and some who have had muster at 6.00pm, it would be interesting to know why some are held later. It is my birthday on the day we board and we were hoping to book the a la carte restaurant but felt that post muster, if at 8.30pm, might be too late with such an early start to the day.