Chartreuse

We really loved Chartreuse - it was by far our favorite dining venue on board, followed by Pacific Rim. We ate at Chartreuse a few times for both dinner and lunch....at lunch we loved their onion soup and croque madame and for dinner my husband enjoyed the Dover Sole and I loved the rack of lamb. The presentation of dishes was really lovely. We found the service to be excellent at all times and really enjoyed the space. As a side note, we also very much enjoyed lunch in Prime Seven.....especially the desert sampler that appears at the end of the meal:hearteyes:

Although not our favourite restaurant (we preferred the Signatures' menus), there are still some very acceptable dishes :)

Obviously food tastes are very individual, but these are some items that one, or both, of us enjoyed:

Starters:

• Foie Gras Terrine
  • Steak Tartare (IMO much superior to that served in P7)
  • Cheese Souffle

Mains:

• 72 hour Beef
  • Dover Sole
  • Rack of Lamb
  • (A side of Chickpea Fritters is unusual and surprisingly tasty)

Dessert:

• Cheese Board (served from a trolley at room temperature - perfect)

Hope this helps......................writing this post certainly made me feel very hungry ;p

Edited by flossie009

We like Chartreuse (more than Signatures). At lunch, the chicken with mushroom sauce (served on the side) is delicious and we also love the rack of lamb at dinner.

Food is so subjective -- many posters adore Pacific Rim but it took multiple visits over four cruises to find something that we like. It is the same with Chartreuse - it is different (both in preparation and flavors) but we find it very enjoyable.

We love Chartreuse, but the food tends to be very rich so once per cruise is plenty for me. That said, we ate there 4 times on our last cruise (14 day cruise). The dover sole is wonderful. There is an artichoke soup which is quite nice as well. Since it is not as popular as P7, it is easier to get reservations. And I personally like it better than P7 as we have excellent beef at home.

Loved Chartreuse. Wife loved the cheese souffle, sometimes having it for dessert too. Turnips were fantastic. We ate there four times and tried almost entire menu between us. I actually prefer P6 steak tartare.

Marc

Loved Chartreuse. Wife loved the cheese souffle, sometimes having it for dessert too. Turnips were fantastic. We ate there four times and tried almost entire menu between us. I actually prefer P6 steak tartare.

Marc

Assume that you meant P7:). We find P7 to be very inconsistent. This has been the case for us since this venue replaced Latitudes several years ago. At one point, we were so disappointed with the food that when we saw the F&B Director outside of the restaurant, we had to say something. Although we absolutely did not want to revisit P7, he was quite persuasive and we went to dinner with him at P7 and it was perfection. Unfortunately, visits since then remain inconsistent.

The sea bass was wonderful!

I am not a lover of steak tartare, but the presentation of that dish in Chartreuse appears as though someone took a can of Fancy Feast and put it on a plate. It looks just like what my cat eats for breakfast every morning. The P7 presentation is much more appealing. I have no idea about flavor as I have only seen, but not tasted it.

The sea bass was wonderful!

I am not a lover of steak tartare, but the presentation of that dish in Chartreuse appears as though someone took a can of Fancy Feast and put it on a plate. It looks just like what my cat eats for breakfast every morning. The P7 presentation is much more appealing. I have no idea about flavor as I have only seen, but not tasted it.

That visual made me laugh. Our cats would likely enjoy that dish. While I don't eat steak tartare, I find the presentation a bit better in P7 but like the food better in Chartreuse. There really is quite a difference in the preparation of the food in Chartreuse. For instance, P7 has what those of us in North America think of as traditional French Onion soup. However, in Chartreuse, it does not even resemble French Onion soup but is tasty and way less calories. We also prefer rack of lamb in Chartreuse over CR. Even though they are using the same lamb, the preparation is different. OTOH, I am definitely not a rack of lamb connoisseur - I tend to drown it in mint sauce.

We've just booked a last minute cruise on the Mariner for July. Chartreuse is the only specialty restaurant that we haven't managed to get a reservation for. Should I keep trying or is it likely we might get one after we board?

I'm a bit confused as it says that Chartreuse and Signatures are both French. We've managed to get a Signatures booking so I was wondering if there's a lot of difference?

We've just booked a last minute cruise on the Mariner for July. Chartreuse is the only specialty restaurant that we haven't managed to get a reservation for. Should I keep trying or is it likely we might get one after we board?

I'm a bit confused as it says that Chartreuse and Signatures are both French. We've managed to get a Signatures booking so I was wondering if there's a lot of difference?

The Mariner does not have Chartreuse as it is a new dining venue. The Mariner was due for a major refurbishment last year that would have changed Signatures into Chartreuse (both French restaurants). Due to a hurricane damaging the place where the Mariner was scheduled to be refurbished, the refurbishment has been postponed until next year.

In my opinion, Signatures is just fine -- just a bit different than Chartreuse. Due to the big sales in Alaska this summer, we are booked on the Mariner at the end of August and have also booked Signatures.

Have a great cruise!

Well one way in which Chartreuse is better than Signatures is that they don't do that embarrassing synchronised reveal business! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Mariner there are only two speciality restaurants requiring reservations - Prime 7 and Signatures. The Signatures venue will be converted to become Chartreuse next Spring.

Unfortunately when booking Dining reservations on-line for Mariner (and Voyager) guests are offered three restaurants - Chartreuse, Signatures and Prime 7; albeit for a booking on Mariner, Chartreuse is shown as 'unavailable' every night and for Voyager, Signatures is shown as 'unavailable' every night.

This annoying anomaly appears to be impossible for Regent's IT Dept to fix; maybe they will be able to sort the issue when Mariner is refurbished next Spring and Signatures finally morphs into Chartreuse.

What is the difference between Chartreuse and Signatures other than the menu, decor and name?

That is about it -- the menu, decor and name. Almost forgot ...... they do not do the silly count-down to when they take the dome off of your plate to display your food.

The "cat food" comment about the steak tartare in

Chartreuse seemed odd. Does it no longer have a layer of caviar on top?

I doubt that even Donald Trump serves his cats Fancy Feast with caviar on top...(;>))

We are on the Voyager at present. This is our first cruise on Regent.

We tried to book on line for the so called three specialized restaurants, we could only book two, Prime 7 and Chartreuse. When we arrived on board we realized that there are only two requiring reservations, Prime 7 and Chartreuse, la Veranda turns into Sette Mari an Italian theme restaurant in the evening which does not require reservations although on this cruise people could not get a table.

As for Chartreuse, after we dined there we were asked if we would like a further reservation which we did, hope this helps?