How to get from Vancouver airport to Hyatt Regency?

It depends on the family and how much luggage they travel with. Also on your definition of best (price, time, ease, etc.).

Skytrain (Vancouver's metro rail system). There is a stop at the airport and Vancouver City Center station is about 3 blocks (< 0.5 km) from the Hyatt Regency. The trains are frequent and the ride takes about a half hour.

With a lot of luggage and/or little kids to wrangle, a cab may be easier. Costs about $35.

^You've been paying attention new-cruiser!

I'll amend your post very slightly - Hyatt is in the $31 zone for cabs, so $35 would include a decent tip (and NB: it's in CAD, payable by credit card or else the cabbie will likely take cash in USD at a crappy exchange rate of more like 80c instead of the official <75c - or ballpark USD$28 incl tip instead of $26)

With 4 people, SkyTrain would likely be more expensive than a cab... min possible fare is $6.75pp for off-peak Concessions (Seniors, Kids 5<14) and could be as much as $9pp (regular adult fare).

^You've been paying attention new-cruiser!

I'll amend your post very slightly - Hyatt is in the $31 zone for cabs, so $35 would include a decent tip (and NB: it's in CAD, payable by credit card or else the cabbie will likely take cash in USD at a crappy exchange rate of more like 80c instead of the official <75c - or ballpark USD$28 incl tip instead of $26)

With 4 people, SkyTrain would likely be more expensive than a cab... min possible fare is $6.75pp for off-peak Concessions (Seniors, Kids 5<14) and could be as much as $9pp (regular adult fare).

I've been at either the Hotel Vancouver or Hyatt Regency for meetings around 20 times over the years and the most recent was 2 months ago so I'm pretty experienced with getting there.

I don't see where you are getting $9 for the fare. It's 2 zones weekday peak times which is $4 for adults, 2.75 concession. On weekends and evenings, zones don't apply so fare is $2.75 adults, 1.75 concession.

https://www.tourismvancouver.com/plan-your-trip/getting-around/transit-system/

There is a fare increase July 1 of $0.10 adults, $0.05 concession.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I don't see where you are getting $9 for the fare. It's 2 zones weekday peak times which is $4 for adults, 2.75 concession. On weekends and evenings, zones don't apply so fare is $2.75 adults, 1.75 concession.

All skytrain trips to vancouver or richmond have a 5 dollar surcharge from the airport. The reverse does not have the surcharge

^Exactly - TO the airport is what you quoted n_c, but inbound has the now-unavoidable-unless-you-have-a-monthly-pass AddFare.

Tourismvancouver, despite being the official website, has some glaring errors and absences of data - like the Canada Line AddFare. Always best to go right to the horses' mouth, in this case Translink.

Additional thoughts....

• there is a minor subway price increase after July, 2018
  • there is an additional 10 minute luggage drag (0.4 miles) from the subway platform to your hotel.
  • airport train is not exclusive to airport passengers. After the airport, you are mixing with general public. If you are riding during commuter hours... the trains can get ugly with passengers trying to walk around your luggage if you are luggage heavy.
  • agree luggage and whether you have small children can factor into your cab vs subway option.... can all your luggage and passengers fit into a Prius.

@cmhighto.... to clarify

• what date and time is your flight arriving?
  • do you have very young children that are unable to haul luggage for you.