How is the Holiday Inn Galveston Beach Resort and is this a good price?

crzycick

I just made a super impulsive purchase. I only started browsing hotels a few moments ago. Research I thought. My family of 3 is traveling with my in laws and usually we like to get 2 bedroom suites with a living room and kitchen in places like Residence Inn ($300 or so in Kansas City.) Since we're only staying briefly I figured we'd look for 2 cheaper rooms. I happened upon Holiday Inns resort with a 2 bedroom villa like we're used to, only 1 left!!! It was $209 before taxes, right on the beach, and looked really nice so I quickly snatched it up. Other single rooms I saw at the 3 places I looked at first were $150, over 200, and sold out--for a single room. Is this a good price for needing 2 rooms--whether connected or not? This is in January

Also, we plan on parking at the port because we've heard my husband can get free parking as a disabled veteran. My in laws are curious if Holiday Inn allows their car to stay on the property during the cruise. Instinct says it's prime real estate and probably not but worth seeing if anyone knows before I call next week.

Also, we plan on parking at the port because we've heard my husband can get free parking as a disabled veteran. My in laws are curious if Holiday Inn allows their car to stay on the property during the cruise. Instinct says it's prime real estate and probably not but worth seeing if anyone knows before I call next week.

Good hotel owned by Landrys , good location , and can park at hotel , and has transfer services to terminals . Also sister hotel hotel has limo bus next door at San Luis to take you to certain places on island.

It is a good hotel, like other Holiday Inn hotels. Last January, our rate was around 50% more than on lean months, even on other hotels. When we checked out, we saw many guests with luggage having cruise tags.

I was checking other Saturday nights to get a feel for what that room costs. Hard to even find a date that had one. The end of February it was going for over 700. Single rooms are going for more than what I paid for the 2 bedroom suite. I feel like we're going to get there and be told it was all a lie or something, lol.

Just a suggestion....many hotels require you to book for two or more nights so that could be the reason for so few rooms available.

Stayed in Hol Inn on Beach in Galveston two years ago..found rooms very much like a motel , and chose to return to Hilton the following year.

Hilton offers stay and cruise parking with a shuttle to airport.

Price was slightly higher in Hilton but felt safer there .

I was checking other Saturday nights to get a feel for what that room costs. Hard to even find a date that had one. The end of February it was going for over 700. Single rooms are going for more than what I paid for the 2 bedroom suite. I feel like we're going to get there and be told it was all a lie or something, lol.

Probably Mardi Gras 2 weekends in February.

Galveston is a destination island for a few large festival's throughout the year!

Cruisers can combine festivals with a cruise!

Also Galveston has two large convention centers.

I hadn't thought about the 2 night requirement some places have. I still couldn't find the room to compare prices but maybe somebody booked a trip and then dropped that day. And since it didn't fit the normal requirements maybe they offered it dirt cheap and I was lucky enough to snatch it at just the right moment. We'll call to make sure we're good but it still feels unreal.

I hadn't thought about the 2 night requirement some places have. I still couldn't find the room to compare prices but maybe somebody booked a trip and then dropped that day. And since it didn't fit the normal requirements maybe they offered it dirt cheap and I was lucky enough to snatch it at just the right moment. We'll call to make sure we're good but it still feels unreal.

Lucky you !

Hi actually I think it's only the San Luis resort next door that is owned by Landry's. At least that was my understanding when we stayed there last July. The elevators tend to have a mind of their own (or so it seemed) stopping on floors we had not selected. The rooms are mediocre and a bit old. We had a balcony that faced the pool. It was nice. There's a grocery store in walking distance and a few good restaurants (rainforest cafe, IHOP right next door).

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hi actually I think it's only the San Luis resort next door that is owned by Landry's. At least that was my understanding when we stayed there last July. The elevators tend to have a mind of their own (or so it seemed) stopping on floors we had not selected. The rooms are mediocre and a bit old. We had a balcony that faced the pool. It was nice. There's a grocery store in walking distance and a few good restaurants (rainforest cafe, IHOP right next door).

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Landrys owns Holiday Inn , Hilton , San Luis and operates the convention center on Seawall. Owns Landrys, Intl House pancakes, Rainforest, Willie G's , Fishtales, Pleasure Pier, Fishermans Wharf, Bubba Gump . Soon maybe will own Joes Crab Shack again. Word is Bubba Gump going away on Pleasure pier with new rides and new walk over to other side of Seawall to Fish Tails, which will be torn down and something big and new on part of parking lot facing Gulf.. Owns Chick Filet also .

These along with 600+- or so other food entertainment properties around US.

You can call it all local . Tillman is a local Galveston boy!

Oh my gosh guys! I had booked through Holiday Inn and immediately after booking I stressed on if I had been at a legit site. The confirmation screen said "Galveston Beach Resort" so I googled it with Holiday Inn and price compared the hotel that showed up. I just realized that Holiday Inn is farther east than the one I booked. I accidentally just discovered that we're booked in a villa at "Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort" so my price comparing has been off this whole time. No wonder I couldn't find a similar room on any date! I don't know why the 2 hotels differ so much in price but it seems to have high reviews. I still can't find a room to compare the normal price but a 1 bedroom suite or studio is going for around $150 so I am feeling less concerned about some kind of glitch. Wonder why they're so much cheaper?

My hotel has nothing around it while the other can walk to places. I bet that's why. They're only 12 minutes apart and we'll be in our car so I'm happy to save hundreds of dollars over getting 2 rooms closer.

I've been starting here for our three trips through Galveston

http://www.galveston.com/parkandcruise/

We stayed at the one on Seawall next to the San Luis (they share shuttles). I can't remember if I booked on this link or went direct to Holiday Inn's page. It was booked this year so we ended up at the Sheraton Four Points down the block.

Oh my gosh guys! I had booked through Holiday Inn and immediately after booking I stressed on if I had been at a legit site. The confirmation screen said "Galveston Beach Resort" so I googled it with Holiday Inn and price compared the hotel that showed up. I just realized that Holiday Inn is farther east than the one I booked. I accidentally just discovered that we're booked in a villa at "Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort" so my price comparing has been off this whole time. No wonder I couldn't find a similar room on any date! I don't know why the 2 hotels differ so much in price but it seems to have high reviews. I still can't find a room to compare the normal price but a 1 bedroom suite or studio is going for around $150 so I am feeling less concerned about some kind of glitch. Wonder why they're so much cheaper?

Believe property is a time share

and probably renting out as a vacation rental. It's on beach and is west of and not behind the Seawall. On appearance it is a nice property . There is a beach bar and a restaurant fairly close.

What does this mean?

Not a negative!

Property is just not in town! It is on beach !

Seawall was built 17 ft high on beach after 1900 Storm to protect developed City. All of City was raised behind Seawall on a slant starting at Seawall dropping 1 foot every 1200 feet down to Port . There was no Seawall built where Holiday Inn is. HI is built behind sand dunes on beach with no road between property and beach. It always has been a time share property for the owners of time shares. Property was bought by Holiday Inn and is still a time share property, AND HI are now renting out unused units of owners by the night, week, month under a short term rental/vacation rental program.

1. Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On the Beach
    5002 Seawall Boulevard ·(409) 740-5300
  2. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galveston West-Seawall
    8628 Seawall Blvd. ·(409) 740-7900
  3. Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort
    19320 Termini-san Luis Pass Road ·(409) 737-2339
  4. Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Seaside Resort
    19320 Termini San Luis Pass Rd ·(409) 737-3399

WHICH ONE DO YOU HAVE ?

Not a negative!

Property is just not in town! It is on beach !

Seawall was built 17 ft high on beach after 1900 Storm to protect developed City. All of City was raised behind Seawall on a slant starting at Seawall dropping 1 foot every 1200 feet down to Port . There was no Seawall built where Holiday Inn is. HI is built behind sand dunes on beach with no road between property and beach. It always has been a time share property for the owners of time shares. Property was bought by Holiday Inn and is still a time share property, AND HI are now renting out unused units of owners by the night, week, month under a short term rental/vacation rental program.

I didn't know all of that, thanks!

1. Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On the Beach
    5002 Seawall Boulevard ·(409) 740-5300
  2. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galveston West-Seawall
    8628 Seawall Blvd. ·(409) 740-7900
  3. Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort
    19320 Termini-san Luis Pass Road ·(409) 737-2339
  4. Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Seaside Resort
    19320 Termini San Luis Pass Rd ·(409) 737-3399

WHICH ONE DO YOU HAVE ?

Goodness! Why so many with practically the exact same name?

Fun twist, none of the above! Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort 11743 Termini-San Luis Pass Road