Boeing tour transportation?

We were there several years ago and we rented a car for the day. If I remember correctly Boeing is out in the middle of nowhere. It's about a 45 minute drive. Tour was very good. Well worth seeing.

First off - is this the actual Boeing factory and Future of Flight tour in Everett or the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field? Just want to make sure because they are very different and in opposite directions.

For Everett... I think the 417 bus via the Mukilteo Speedway, SR 525, (oxymoron that "speedway" is) runs from downtown Seattle to at least near Boeing if not to the tour center. You might need to transfer at a transit station along the way like perhaps in Lynnwood.

In addition to the Boeing factory also here in the middle of nowhere are the Historic Flight museum and Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection. Harder to get to by bus but also located a Paine Field. Historic Flight is a short walk off SR-525 at Bernie Webber Drive where there is a bus stop.

Sound Transit Trip Planner another option (weekdays) might be the Sounder train to Mukilteo and bus up the hill from there.

Community Transit - Snohomish County/Everett area

King County Metro (Seattle) transit

A little tip.... if you want to see the factory tour (recommended).... book it online in the morning. The afternoon tours SELL OUT around noon on the day I was there. Lots of sad faces.

Also plan ahead with the lockers..... when the previous factory tour exit. Grab one of the empty lockers immediately to store your valuables and electronics.