Booked the Yacht Club

1fifthavenue

Found a deal yesterday for the Yacht Club to go from Barbados to Genoa on MSC Fantasia so I've booked it.

Have never cruised YC before as we always have just a Fantastica balcony and add the premium drinks package, but as the YC was only a couple of hundred more than that would have worked out at we went for it.

Can't wait. Just got Meraviglia in November now!

You'll love it :hearteyes:

I'd only ever cruised Princess, but on a whim booked a Dubai trip on Fantasia in YC this past January ..........and was absolutely blown away! :D

Stunning ship, and the service was amazing......the butlers were all so lovely. Attentive, but in no way intrusive.

I travel solo, and felt so well looked after. I'm off on Preziosa in September and can't wait :)

Now, if only MSC would fix their 'quirky' website ;)

Found a deal yesterday for the Yacht Club to go from Barbados to Genoa on MSC Fantasia so I've booked it.

Have never cruised YC before as we always have just a Fantastica balcony and add the premium drinks package, but as the YC was only a couple of hundred more than that would have worked out at we went for it.

Can't wait. Just got Meraviglia in November now!

I'm sure you will love it, I know we did, and shall again on Meraviglia in Sept.

So welcome to the "Yacht Club" Club

Once tried never forgotten, and to be repeated as and when possible

Pete

Hi Tim.................. Great to hear you got a good deal on YC - Enjoy!! It's all the sweeter knowing you've nabbed a bargain - and a repo, to boot!! Lucky you!!

I've found a nice offer for YC on Divina and am just waiting for the TA to open to check availability. I have a 30% discount voucher; that, plus 5% Voyagers Club discount, makes the price even more attractive. It's coming in at €120 pppn!!!! When you factor in the fact that the deluxe drinks package @ €50 pppn is included (worth even more in the US!), it's a no-brainer.

Wow that is a good deal Bea!

This is working out at under£150GBP per night, including the flight to Barbados and back from Genoa, and transfers. The 5% voyagers club discount wasn't available - presumable because it was so cheap anyway? My TA couldn't get the discount either, but she did get me better than the best price I could find on the internet

That is a good price, Tim, having flights and transfers included. I'm very surprised, though, that you didn't get the 5% discount off the cruise price element. My understanding was that it was applied to ALL bookings for VC members.

I'm beginning to wonder if my voucher will qualify? I'm just waiting to hear back from my TA as she doesn't have direct access to availability for a couple of cruises I'm looking at. I know there are problems on the website, but at least in the UK you get to do dummy runs. Even our TAs have to phone MSC UK to get the information, sometimes. :mad:

Update ..................... TA has just come back to me - YC on Divina for the date we wanted is full. So back to the drawing board. MSC is not quoting a YC price for your cruise on the Ireland website so we won't get to join you, either. LOL

Edited by Beamafar

I like to book our cruises at least a year in advance to get the cabin we want at a good price. I look first for an interesting or unusual itinerary rather than a specific ship, however if it's one of the big ones with YC, then we always go for YC - if not, the Aurea suites are nice on the smaller MSC ships. You youngsters don't qualify but we get the 15% senior discount plus the VC discount so 20% off is like it used to be as a Black member.

Unfortunately the Meraviglia is mostly cruising the standard one week routes in the West Med for 2017 and 2018 but I booked one in October 2018 because it's scheduled to stop at Cagliari and Valencia where we haven't been. At least we'll get to sample this famous Meraviglia - in YC of course.