Bringing alcohol during embarkation

lemonela

Hello! I am cruising for the first time with Carnival and have a question about the 750 ml alcohol allowance. Although all over 21, some of my traveling companions frown upon alcohol consumption, and I have some concern about their judgement if I bring some wine along in my carry-on. When screened, does the staff take out the bottle to ensure that it's unopened and of appropriate size, or can I get by without my family knowing I'd prefer to have a drink by the pool?

Edited by lemonela

We cruise Carnival a lot. Sometimes they will check my wine, sometimes they don't. It MUST be in your carry on. If it is not, they will take it out of your suitcase and give it back on the very last morning.

When they check it they just look to make sure it has not been opened, bottle is still sealed. It must be 750mll- nothing bigger or they will take it and not give it back.

I take my glass of wine to the dining room. If I take a bottle they charge me to open it so I just take a glass or order just a glass of wine in the dining room.