Meraviglia - Fantastica experience

Frankmac

We are sailing from Genoa on 17th September. Grandparents in 60s, parents in 30s and child aged almost 3.

I really enjoyed reading Beamafar's live thread, but unfortunately the vast majority of it would not apply to us as we will be in an inside ( fantastica) cabin.

Would love to hear from someone who has experienced the MDR, the buffet, the premium all inclusive drinks package (€26 per day) especially the wines available on it , and also the facilities available for small children.

I'm sure there will be many like us who would be interested, so any snippets of info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Frank

Hi Frank - we are also waiting answers to these questions, we are fantastical sailing on 27th August from Genoa. Hopefully Kikki will be able to help in a few days if you check out her thread

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the June 16th sailing from. Barcelona. The ship is fantastic, layout very funny though, but lots for kids. The water park is superb and our boys 6 and 8 loved it. The food in the MDR is lovely but the portions are small (you can apparently ask for more than one dish). The buffet, for us was too chaotic, too many people not willing to wait in line. Also the buffet has a kids section, nuggets, burgers etc. but it was at the very opposite end from the 'adult` food which was again very chaotic and a very poor design IMO and not family friendly at all. While our boys didn't use the kids club it did look to be very enjoyable and well run (very secure) sign in and out all times etc.

Hope this helps a little.

Thank you Alan. It certainly does help.

I've posted this elsewhere too. If you want to use the water park you need to sign up for it.. I kid you not. There is a form to fill out for everything! We went to the water park, but had to leave as we didnt have the 'water park bracklet', you need to sign up for it at the Sportsplex. Also if you have kids you need to sign them for kids club, it's not automatic like I thought once the receive their kids wrist bands on embarkation. Surely it would be better to sign up to everything or whatever you wanted upon embarkation / check-in??