Is Galveston cold early January? (Liberty of the Seas with kids)

Our family loves the Freedom class and Voyager class RCI ships, and we are looking at the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston leaving Dec 31st this year from Galveston.

The only thing that has me nervous is the potentially cold weather. For those of you that have cruised out of Galveston in early January, what was the weather like?

We cruise to escape the cold north, and do like to use the pool deck a lot.

1) What's weather like in port at Galveston

2) How long does it take once cruising to get to the upper 70 to 80 degree weather?

Thanks!

Dan

Coming from Michigan it probably won't feel cold to you. It will probably be in the low 50's to low 60's in Galveston. What you do have to prepare yourself for is possible fog. It could delay your embarkation and your debarkation. It looks like the first port you visit is Cozumel and it should be in the mid 70's to low 80's there. Your first sea day could be warm enough to enjoy the pool deck. It depends on what weather systems are in that area.

Luckily you will probably be wanting to sleep in a bit on that first sea day since it is New Year's Day and you will have the traveling and the NYE parties the night before.

Nothing like a January cruise in the winter! Love it!!!

Having lived in the Houston area all my 70 years I can say that around Christmas it won't be colder than 20 and it won't be warmer than 80. Where it will be on the day you are there will be know for sure on that day. The forecast about 5 days out is generally pretty accurate. :cool:

Patty

Having lived in the Houston area all my 70 years I can say that around Christmas it won't be colder than 20 and it won't be warmer than 80. Where it will be on the day you are there will be know for sure on that day. The forecast about 5 days out is generally pretty accurate. :cool:

Patty

Patty is right on .