What are OS and OB Verandah guarantee cabins?

wesport

They are both what is known as Guaranty suites. OS means you could get any suite (A-1 and up) on the ship and OB means you could any balcony (V-1 and up) suite. You must be willing to get whatever suite you are assigned -- so if you are a gambler and don't care what you get...

I have forgotten what the lettters actually stand for, but an OS would be A or A1 grade on deck 4, with window, and an OB any balcony suite from V1 up to V6. On our last cruise we were allocated a V3. Some people may get a V6, and I do not think it has anything to do with anything, maybe they just throw all the names up in the air! Luck of the draw. But you must not mind where on the ship you are, as you do not have any choice in the matter.

I agree that it is luck of the draw. The only thing that you can factor in is the length of your cruise. You have more chance on an upgrade if you are on a single itinerary rather than a back to back. The same cabin number not being sold two sailings in a row is less likely.

In my opinion there are no bad suites. You are either closer to the Observation Lounge or closer to the Club. Either way, you are never too far from your next glass of champagne.

• 1 month later...

Understand the concept of the "open" bookings, but a couple of questions:

When, and how, do we find out what cabin we have been assigned, i.e. how many days out and do they just post in our "for booked guests" page on the website or does our TA find out and let us know?

I know that an OB can get us anything from V1-V6, but does the "open" part mean that they also jump booking levels, i.e. does anyone ever get a penthouse with an OB?

When, and how, do we find out what cabin we have been assigned, i.e. how many days out and do they just post in our "for booked guests" page on the website or does our TA find out and let us know?

I know that an OB can get us anything from V1-V6, but does the "open" part mean that they also jump booking levels, i.e. does anyone ever get a penthouse with an OB?

I sail on 1 October and haven't heard yet, general opinion seems to be between 7 and 14 days before. You could also find you are not informed until you check in. I sailed on Quest a couple of years ago just as the spa penthouse was introduced, a guy insisted he had booked OB and was bumped up. I never saw the paperwork so a pinch of salt, but why would anyone lie.

I sail on 1 October and haven't heard yet, general opinion seems to be between 7 and 14 days before. You could also find you are not informed until you check in. I sailed on Quest a couple of years ago just as the spa penthouse was introduced, a guy insisted he had booked OB and was bumped up. I never saw the paperwork so a pinch of salt, but why would anyone lie.

Sorry -- clarification. I meant anything higher that the V class even if only a level or two and not necessarily Penthouse or the top levels.

I've only ever been assigned a V5/6 when booking OB. SB does like to offer an upsell though and they've contacted my TA with an offer to pay extra for a penthouse nearly every time.

TA doesn't advise allocated suite in my case.

I login to My Seabourn, then go to Online Guest Registration. When the first registration page loads, the suite number appears on the top right hand side. Before a suite is allocated it just says 'GUAR' in that space.

The suite number used to be displayed in the My Reservations area of the website but I've noticed recently that hasn't happened so I have to go through to the Guest Registration pages.

In my experience, each time I've booked an OB it has been assigned between 14 and 7 days before departure.

NB - it's not essential to login to My Seabourn, I just do that because the reservation number is displayed there. If you have the res. number to hand there's no need to go into that section, just follow Online Registration from 'For Booked Guests'.

Edited by Isklaar