Seabourn resetting Summer 2017 Med itineraries

Derek1973

We were originally scheduled to sail on the June 24, 2017 Encore voyage from Rome to Athens. Received an email last night telling us that the schedule had changed.

"To allow for better allocation of guest capacity for our Mediterranean itineraries, this sailing has now been changed and all current bookings will need to be rebooked. "

Called Seabourn and they booked us on the same itinerary - but in reverse, Athens to Rome - departing on July 1.

That said, the website has not yet been updated. Still shows the original schedule for Summer 2017. Debbie at Seabourn (who was WONDERFUL) told us that it could take a few days for the new schedule to make its way through the system. Apparently, quite a few itineraries have been disrupted.

Sounds like it's all being driven by the turmoil in Turkey, but we don't have confirmation on that.

Seabourn offered us a 10% discount on the new booking and a $100 pp onboard credit, which worked out well for us.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

Especially after yesterday in Nice.

What a nightmare. We disembarked the Sojourn yesterday in Monte Carlo. I hope my fellow passengers all made it home safely or chose Monaco as a post cruise destination rather than Nice. The first attempt to stop the truck was right in front of the Negresco!

Safe travels to all.

G

What a nightmare. We disembarked the Sojourn yesterday in Monte Carlo. I hope my fellow passengers all made it home safely or chose Monaco as a post cruise destination rather than Nice. The first attempt to stop the truck was right in front of the Negresco!

Safe travels to all.

Glad you are safe and well.