Seabourn Discounts to deposits made on ships

flyers

can someone please tell me if Seabourn gives a discount if one makes a booking while onboard a cruise ? For example Silverseas gives a 5% discount if you make a deposit or reservation while onboard one of their ships. Does Seabourn do the same and do their also give a discounted price to past guests as Silverseas does to Venetian Society members ?

Than you

can someone please tell me if Seabourn gives a discount if one makes a booking while onboard a cruise ? For example Silverseas gives a 5% discount if you make a deposit or reservation while onboard one of their ships. Does Seabourn do the same and do their also give a discounted price to past guests as Silverseas does to Venetian Society members ?

Than you

There is a 5% discount given for making a deposit or reservation while on board. One does not have to make a specific reservation, just make a deposit for a future cruise. It is valid for travel within four years, and if you do not actually use it, it supposedly is automatically refunded to your credit card.

Many thanks for the information. We are booked on the Quest from Montreal to FLL in October and were not given the 5% discount even though we had made a deposit from a previous Cruise. I will have to follow up with my TA and/or Seabourn.

When you made your onboard despot did you tell the Seabourn rep your TA's name? If so then your TA would have the info and should have instructed SB to apply the deposit plus the 5 percent discount. If you did not put your TA's name on the deposit then there is no way they would have known to apply for the discount. But it should be no problem to have the discount applied now.

Two points - you do not need to use the same TA as for a previous cruise, even if their name is on the receipt for the deposit. Also, we use a TA, usually the same one, and each time we book they ask if we have a discount to apply.

You should not only get the discount, but of course the money off the cruise cost which you gave as an onboard deposit. Hope it works out; it certainly should.

Glad to help. And thank you for not highlighting my latest autocorrect goof -- obviously that should have read deposit not despot.

As Lincslady said you can use a different TA or no TA when you make the open deposit. But frankly any good TA should have asked if you had an open deposit when you were first given a quote. The advantage of using a good TA and the same one is that they keep track of your on board deposits for you and automatically apply the credit and the 5% discount. My TA never has to even ask me as she knows (probably better than me) how many open deposits I have.

As far as I know the 5% discount is calculated from the fare excluding taxes. And the net amount than is basis for TA discounts.

In their website

http://seabourninsider.com/2013/060513/article-3.php

it reads: ‘The 5% Future Cruise Deposit is individual to you and may only be used by you towards your future cruise fare. It applies to your cruise fare only and not to any optional packages.’

Misleading. European Seabourn and other websites don’t show the taxes separate. Ordinary customers ‘cruise fare’ = Taxes included.

As far as I know the 5% discount is calculated from the fare excluding taxes. And the net amount than is basis for TA discounts.

In their website

http://seabourninsider.com/2013/060513/article-3.php

it reads: ‘The 5% Future Cruise Deposit is individual to you and may only be used by you towards your future cruise fare. It applies to your cruise fare only and not to any optional packages.’

Misleading. European Seabourn and other websites don’t show the taxes separate. Ordinary customers ‘cruise fare’ = Taxes included.

This is an interesting point from the above link:

There is no limit to the number of Future Cruise Deposits that can be purchased. If clients frequently book more than one cruise at a time, we encourage them to purchase additional Future Cruise Deposits, as one is required for each cruise.

This is an interesting point from the above link:

There is no limit to the number of Future Cruise Deposits that can be purchased. If clients frequently book more than one cruise at a time, we encourage them to purchase additional Future Cruise Deposits, as one is required for each cruise.

We put down four Future Cruise Deposits (i.e. two each) on our last Seabourn cruise. Just activated two of them as we are off again in October. That represents a return on capital employed (i.e. the deposit) of around 65% (i.e. the 5% off) in just four months. Still have two left for the next time.

Can the future cruise deposit be applied to a future cruise already booked?

Not allowed; the future cruise booking date must be the same or later than the future cruise deposit purchase date.

If your booked cruise is still within the free cancellation period, one way around this is to cancel and rebook your cruise in order to apply the 5% future cruise deposit discount. However, this wouldn't work so well if the cruise is sold out, your booked category is sold out, and/or the pricing has increased.