28 day Asian Gems & China cruise

Thecat123

We were looking at doing this cruise early Feb but found that there seemed to be heavy bookings so we choose the Jan 4th sailing which there still appears to be lots of cabins available

Have we missed something by picking the Jan 4th sailing?

We were looking at doing this cruise early Feb but found that there seemed to be heavy bookings so we choose the Jan 4th sailing which there still appears to be lots of cabins available

Have we missed something by picking the Jan 4th sailing?

You will be in the area for Chinese New Year on Jan 28. So you might have hot it very right. Bet you have a wonderful holiday

The January cruises are sometimes lighter because of the post-holiday timing.

Many folks will be settling back in after the holidays versus gearing up to travel.

I agree with divsec - your timing will be perfect with the Chinese New Year. Just make sure you lock your return flights down early as the week before/after can be crazy with flights.

That makes sense

We checked the weather as we thought that might have something to do with the lack of booking on the Jan 4th cruise but the temps seem to be a bit warmer than here but still okay

We were on the Quest Antarctica cruise about the same time two years ago, which was the best cruise we have done so this one is going to be different

We have also paid for our flights to Singapore and return so all that is left is the rest of the cruise price which is due next month

Dear TheCat,

We will be with you on the sojourn from HongKong to Singapore. We are so excited as we have not been to the Philipines. I posted a question about things to do in the Philipine ports we will be visiting and got some very nice answers and interesting information from some nice seabourn travellers. You might want to check that out.

Ha Long Bay/HK/Xiamen are likely to be quite cool in January (they remain cool until March). The rest of the cruise is sub-tropical and so being a month earlier will make little difference. Chinese New Year does mean massive crowds everywhere - at least you have some sea days during the week of celebrations. But agree that getting a flight out of HK on 4th Feb might be a challenge.

Dear TheCat,

We will be with you on the sojourn from HongKong to Singapore. We are so excited as we have not been to the Philipines. I posted a question about things to do in the Philipine ports we will be visiting and got some very nice answers and interesting information from some nice seabourn travellers. You might want to check that out.

ajpeter I have checked out those messages thanks

We have flown into Hong Kong and Singapore and stayed for a few days but haven't been anywhere else where the cruise travels. I have heard good things about Vietnam

I don't think we will be needing the Antarctica gear which Seabourn supplied for this cruise :)

Looking towards traveling with Seabourn again