Voyagers Club Luggage identification tags?

Bellaem

Hi everyone,

I read one of the new Voyagers Club perks is "MSC Voyagers Club Luggage identification tags for embarkation, included in the e-ticket". I assume this is supposed to be a way for members to get their luggage delivered to the stateroom faster?

I also read that for black card members, in order to receive priority boarding, it is mandatory to show a copy of the voyagers club identification tags at the drop-off point inside the cruise terminal.

We just received our e-tickets for an upcoming cruise with MSC Preziosa in a few weeks. However there is nothing on the included luggage tags indicating our membership status, they look just like they always have...

Anyone know how this works, are we required to ask for the voyagers club luggage tags specifically? Does anyone have experience from using these new membership tags, did they make any difference in regards to priority boarding/delivery of luggage?

Hi everyone,

I read one of the new Voyagers Club perks is "MSC Voyagers Club Luggage identification tags for embarkation, included in the e-ticket". I assume this is supposed to be a way for members to get their luggage delivered to the stateroom faster?

I also read that for black card members, in order to receive priority boarding, it is mandatory to show a copy of the voyagers club identification tags at the drop-off point inside the cruise terminal.

We just received our e-tickets for an upcoming cruise with MSC Preziosa in a few weeks. However there is nothing on the included luggage tags indicating our membership status, they look just like they always have...

Anyone know how this works, are we required to ask for the voyagers club luggage tags specifically? Does anyone have experience from using these new membership tags, did they make any difference in regards to priority boarding/delivery of luggage?

I must assume it works in the same way as the "experience" tags.

If you have a physical Black card you can show that and it is still valid

From the FAQs

Is my Club Card still valid?

Yes, it is. Nevertheless, you will always receive a Cruise Card at check-in featuring your Club Identification Number and level of membership.

On a recent cruise we had the Aurea experience which gave us priority boarding and priority luggage delivery to the cabin.

None of this information was apparent on the luggage tag, except it must be in the bar code, because when the lady who was present at the luggage drop off scannned the tag she immediately put another tag on the luggage which had "AUREA" writtten on it.

Our cases arrived at the cabin within 20 minutes of being dropped off; just 5 min after we got to our cabin after going through the check-in proccess and walking to our cabin. The best and easiest embarkation we have ever had

What our tags looked like

luggage%20tag.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

We got our luggage tags last friday and on top it says MSC Voyager club.

Had a look at the image but it doesn't say what level member you are, unless they use the colour of the word "Club", in which case I would assume you are Gold members as you have a yellowish "Club". Is that correct?

I'll rely on my old trusty BLACK card to ensure priority boarding!!

Pete

PS Shame they can't spell "BAGGAGE LABEL"

Edited by Skier52

i took a new scan it says under the barcode what kind of member ou are.

Thanks for that.

I think it answers all the questions fully and it shows the system should work provided people print off the tags

Pete

i took a new scan it says under the barcode what kind of member ou are.

Thanks, Juttawdw. I'll be receiving mine very soon - I'll know where to look, now :) I thought they were going to be colour-coded.

The luggage must get priority boarding, too, if you're at Black. Otherwise I don't see the point.

Sorry to hijack your thread! Just a quick one, if you've booked directly with MSC do the luggage tags come in the post or via email? Also how far in advance do you receive them? Thanks

THey usually come by email, straight from mSC. had you boooked via a TA they would come via them.

7 - 14 days before embarkation is the usual expected time

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I've just received my eTickets and luggage tags for my upcoming cruise. My DH's tag indicates he's Gold member (which he is), mine just says "Member" (I'm at Black). I'm wondering what colour cruisecard I'll get at embarkation seeing as they are colour-coded according to status and it appears I don't have any :confused: :D :D ;) :rolleyes:

I've just received my eTickets and luggage tags for my upcoming cruise. My DH's tag indicates he's Gold member (which he is), mine just says "Member" (I'm at Black). I'm wondering what colour cruisecard I'll get at embarkation seeing as they are colour-coded according to status and it appears I don't have any :confused: :D :D ;) :rolleyes:

Bea, just make sure you take your current Black card with you, they are still valid, so that you are sure to get priority boarding.

Pete

Bea, just make sure you take your current Black card with you, they are still valid, so that you are sure to get priority boarding.

Pete

Sure thing, Pete. I intended to - though I'm in YC so I'll have priority boarding, anyway. I'll be letting the Concierge sort it should there be any issues :D

Edited by Beamafar

So ............. my TA's just had a response back from MSC and I quote:

dear all,

black card number added, customers can travel on the documents provided

For those of you who think that having the club level on luggage tags makes a difference to priority deliverance to cabins, perhaps not! My tags don't indicate what level I'm at and MSC are obviously not going to issue me with new tags. Having said that, I've never had a problem with luggage arriving late to the cabin. I only hope the new Voyagers' Club system doesn't change that! There is nothing anywhere else on the tickets indicating Club levels, either - just the luggage tags.

On another matter, in relation to eTickets. I've received vouchers for OBC of €400 from the €10 voucher - 8 vouchers of €50 value each!! Has anyone else come across this? I don't intend to print them - I have enough paperwork without this nonsense. I've saved them to iBooks so I'll have something to show, should there be a problem.

The statement that nothing is sent through your TA is simply NOT true! I book through a TA and everything gets sent through him/her. Any problems with the tickets gets referred back for the TA to deal with. I noticed on my luggage tags that there was no Voyagers Club level advised. I contacted my TA and the quote in the above post is what HE received back from MSC. I was being humourous about the situation as there's no such thing as just being a club "member" which is all that shows on my luggage tags!!!

I never check-in online.