Fantasia Balcony on Deck 13

kevg1889

Hi everyone, I have decided to go for it & book the Fantasia cruise in October, and I have a few balcony options on Deck 13. One of the options is 13115, which is on the section that juts out (novice cruiser talk!!) as it is where the elevator is. Has anyone stayed in one of these suites, and is it a disadvantage being so close to the elevator? Are the suites any different in the "jutty out" bit to the others (i.e. 13090 or 13066 are current options)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, as I want to get this booked, but want our first cruise to be as special as possible - Cheers

Hi everyone, I have decided to go for it & book the Fantasia cruise in October, and I have a few balcony options on Deck 13. One of the options is 13115, which is on the section that juts out (novice cruiser talk!!) as it is where the elevator is. Has anyone stayed in one of these suites, and is it a disadvantage being so close to the elevator? Are the suites any different in the "jutty out" bit to the others (i.e. 13090 or 13066 are current options)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, as I want to get this booked, but want our first cruise to be as special as possible - Cheers

All of them are standard size

Cabin 13115, it is called a stateroom or cabin and not a suite, is on the hump (the jutty out bit), the other two are in the reccessed area. As they are all on deck 13 they are all affected by the shadow of the overhang of deck 14. 13115 will be least affected. I have included an image which shows the actual cabin 13115, which is on the port side, and the cabins directly opposite the other two as they are on the starboard side.

All 3 of the cabins will probably have overhead noise as deck 14 has the outdoor cafeteria (above 13115) and the aqua park above the other two.

I have outlined the shadow in blue to shoew the extent of the shadow. the other point beinbg the cabin on the hump will have better views than the other two.

As for being near the lifts, that can be viewed as an advantage in that you don't have to walk down long corridors to get to your cabin, conversely you can take the view that more people will walk passed your door and if they are being inconsiderate make some noise.

Another advantage of 13115 is being almost exactly in the centre of the ship if there is any movement it will be less than the other two have.

If I were to put them in my order of preference it would be:-

1st 13115

2nd 13090

3rd 13066

13115%20fantasia.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52