Balcony Cabin 12196

Zevo

The balcony has a ceiling on it, if that's what you're asking. Deck 13 above doesn't stick out any farther than deck 12, but deck 14 sticks out a lot farther, leaving a shadow that will extend down to deck 12 sometimes.

Does anyone know if the balcony is covered in this cabin?

Because 12196 is on the hump it will be virtually unaffected by the deck 14 overhang as can be seen in the image below.

the shadow can clearly be seen affecting the recessed cabins on decks 13; 12 and 11,but your cabin is in bright sunshine:):):):) whilst the cabin directly above you , on deck 13, is in the shadow

12196.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

We're in 12169 and from I'm seeing on deck plans, the seven foremost cabins in the hump (ours included) seem to be larger and with bigger cabins than those in the second part of the hump.

Is this just an optical illusion or misprint? Does anyone know about these cabins?

We're in 12169 and from I'm seeing on deck plans, the seven foremost cabins in the hump (ours included) seem to be larger and with bigger cabins than those in the second part of the hump.

Is this just an optical illusion or misprint? Does anyone know about these cabins?

it's not an illusion .if you go down to deck 11 you'll see the cabins on the hump are two different grades.

Here are some pictures of the old deck plan where the smaller cabins are grade 6 and the large grade 11. A big difference in cabin and balcony size

S1.jpg

deck122.jpg

IMHO you have a great position for your cabin. Not shaded by deck 14's overhang and only neighbours on your left and a great view forward from you balcony.

Pete

• 1 year later...

hello

i am having a reservation on this cabin. now i am in doubt. could i choise a better one? will like a bigger balcony, in the same kategori fantastica, with great full ocean view. some suggest? or is this 10040 a good choice./option? thanks

regards

nicole

DK

hello

i am having a reservation on this cabin. now i am in doubt. could i choise a better one? will like a bigger balcony, in the same kategori fantastica, with great full ocean view. some suggest? or is this 10040 a good choice./option? thanks

regards

nicole

DK

The bigger balconies are on the stern on decks 10 and 11 and they are in high demand. there are 20 in total. They will be some of the ones that move most in any bad weather.

Other bigger balconies are the corner cabins next to hump walls on decks 8 to 13. (eg cabins numbered 11224/11259/11101/11084) or the cabins next to them , refered to as second from the hump.

The corner balconies, of which there are 20, are in the reccessed areas and so have limited fields of view (90 degrees) and those on decks 12 nad 13 will be affected by the overhang.

You have a good cabin from the point of view of field of view

Pete

Hi Skier 52

We was upgraded from inside to this balcony cabin so cannot complain but do you think its in a good position , we go this October and i realize that we might not get much sun.

Thanks

Phil

It's a very good position.

It's on the central hump and one of the standard size cabins (192 sq ft with a balcony of 42 sq ft).

As it is on the hump the shadow from the deck 14 overhang will affect you a certain amount but not as badly as the cabins in the recess.

You can see how the overhang is different on the hump in this image that cruisetrail posted

11_zpsc3223878.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 2 years later...
Is it possible to remove the partition on the balcony? We are in 2 cabins next to each other. 12196 and 12192. Thank you

the outer third of the partitions can be folded back. You can see the hinge at the top on the image above

Ask your cabin steward to do it for you