Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

Having dealt with MSC customer services, I don't know how accurate this is! I was told yesterday that bookings for the 2017 season will open at the end of this month!

How exciting. I was informed there would be Mediterranean sailings then repositioning to the Caribbean.

Can anyone confirm this?!

Having dealt with MSC customer services, I don't know how accurate this is! I was told yesterday that bookings for the 2017 season will open at the end of this month!

How exciting. I was informed there would be Mediterranean sailings then repositioning to the Caribbean.

Can anyone confirm this?!

While I cannot confirm what you were told, I can tell you that my TA was told MSC's booking system is being changed/updated this month. I booked a Divina cruise the beginning of last month, for which I am supposed to get an additional discount. When I called my TA to check the status (about 2 weeks ago) my TA called MSC and was told as it is for a 2017 cruise it would be applied around the middle of this month after the update.

• 2 weeks later...

MSC Club Level members can begin pre-booking MSC Meraviglia's inaguaral season starting on June 22nd through July 5th. It appears as though MSC has sent out e-mails to those of you over in Europe.

11535800_476608202499308_6504211970578562532_n.jpg?oh=c2a53c5a089450f657d17a86728c5b15&oe=55E6F1E8

English version translated: Exclusively for Members MSC Club presales for the inaugural season of the new flagship MSC will be open from 22 June to 5 July. The route, as the way we anticipated, will be the classic Western Mediterranean from Genoa and with direct flights to Naples, Messina, Tunis, Barcelona, Marseilles and back in Superba.

meraviglia-itinerario.jpg

Edited by Mikesa1721

MSC Club Level members can begin pre-booking MSC Meraviglia's inaguaral season starting on June 22nd through July 5th. It appears as though MSC has sent out e-mails to those of you over in Europe.

Exclusively for Members MSC Club presales for the inaugural season of the new flagship MSC will be open from 22 June to 5 July. The route, as the way we anticipated, will be the classic Western Mediterranean from Genoa and with direct flights to Naples, Messina, Tunis, Barcelona, Marseilles and back in Superba.

I certainly didn't get an email from them, Mike, and I'm a Black Card holder. Not that I'm surprised - I never get emails and have given up signing up for them :rolleyes:

I'm getting dizzy doing that route. I wish MSC would mix it up a bit more. Though I think it's because they're the only ports really that can take the Fantasia class size ships which limits the itineraries for them.

I'm curious, though. If the Meraviglia is being launched in November, surely she won't be in the Med for more than one, or maybe two, weeks before repositioning to the US. It seems a bit odd that she'd start out in Winter in the Med :confused:

Thanks for the info, anyway, Mike. I await developments with interest :D

I certainly didn't get an email from them, Mike, and I'm a Black Card holder. Not that I'm surprised - I never get emails and have given up signing up for them :rolleyes:

I'm getting dizzy doing that route. I wish MSC would mix it up a bit more. Though I think it's because they're the only ports really that can take the Fantasia class size ships which limits the itineraries for them.

I'm curious, though. If the Meraviglia is being launched in November, surely she won't be in the Med for more than one, or maybe two, weeks before repositioning to the US. It seems a bit odd that she'd start out in Winter in the Med :confused:

Thanks for the info, anyway, Mike. I await developments with interest :D

Bea,,,Meraviglia will only be sailing the Med. It is MSC Seaside which will be sailing the Caribbean itineraries. I have sent MSC Cruises USA a message in regards to which regions will be able to pre-book Meraviglia and am still waiting for their reply. I had inquired about MSC Seaside steel cutting ceremony on June 22nd and still haven't received a reply from that question so I'm not going to hold my breathe.

Some new interior renderings in the meantime:

Eataly :

11651067_908716552505545_82840181_n.jpg

11426593_908716562505544_1924776644_n.jpg

Promenade Complete With 480 Square Meter LED Ceiling:

11541269_908716555838878_891518211_n.jpg

Edited by Mikesa1721

Bea,,,Meraviglia will only be sailing the Med. It is MSC Seaside which will be sailing the Caribbean itineraries. I have sent MSC Cruises USA a message in regards to which regions will be able to pre-book Meraviglia and am still waiting for their reply. I had inquired about MSC Seaside steel cutting ceremony on June 22nd and still haven't received a reply from that question so I'm not going to hold my breathe.

Thanks for that, Mike. I got the ships mixed up :o My focus has been on learning all I can about Celebrity. From what I've read on the boards here and a port visit on Silhouette recently, I'm beginning to regret the booking I've made for Celebrity Millennium but I've paid for the flights now as well as a non-refundable deposit so I'll just have to go with an open mind. If MSC sailed in Asia I wouldn't have even given X a thought! But the itinerary includes a visit to Boracay which I really want to see.

Keep up the good work with regards to the new ship roll-outs. I promise I'll pay closer attention to your posts on the subject :)

PS Love the images you've just posted!

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks for that, Mike. I got the ships mixed up :o My focus has been on learning all I can about Celebrity. From what I've read on the boards here and a port visit on Silhouette recently, I'm beginning to regret the booking I've made for Celebrity Millennium but I've paid for the flights now as well as a non-refundable deposit so I'll just have to go with an open mind. If MSC sailed in Asia I wouldn't have even given X a thought! But the itinerary includes a visit to Boracay which I really want to see.

Keep up the good work with regards to the new ship roll-outs. I promise I'll pay closer attention to your posts on the subject :)

PS Love the images you've just posted!

I wouldn't be surprised if one of "VISTA" class ships isn't sent to Asia Bea!!:)

I wouldn't be surprised if one of "VISTA" class ships isn't sent to Asia Bea!!:)

It would be better for them were they to send one of the Musica class ships to the area. I think smaller ships would have better port access.

I'd love to see MSC locate a ship in the South China Seas - the prices for other cruise lines operating in that region are ridiculous in comparison to MSC overall prices.

I too have not received an email. Good news that we only have to wait until Monday to book and not the end of the month.

Well done for the updated pictures. I have been scouring the web, to no avail, for updates. I knew I should have just perused this board!

I must say, it is looking very similar to the Quantum class. Hopefully the prices will differ. For example, a 3 day on Anthem was around £499 pp and around £449 for a child!

I love the MSC ad using 'In the Summertime' tune - reminds me of our hols in the Isle of Man when I was a child LOL. Life seemed much simpler then.

That commercial is playing on several tv stations here in the U.S. Bea,,,kind of stinks that our little secret is out of the bag!!!!

That commercial is playing on several tv stations here in the U.S. Bea,,,kind of stinks that our little secret is out of the bag!!!!

I only just came across it this afternoon on the travelpulse website when doing a search for the Vista class ships info. I see Meraviglia is due to be rolled out in May 2017 which makes sense to me now re Med sailings LOL

The ship will debut before the rush of summer travelers and will spend the first portion of its service sailing the western Mediterranean
I was planning to do the Sinfonia repo to South Africa in October 2016 but I'm being sorely tempted to save the money and chance one of Meraviglia's early sailings instead. I wonder if MSC would let me book YC on her - now that would be worth waiting for :D

I only just came across it this afternoon on the travelpulse website when doing a search for the Vista class ships info. I see Meraviglia is due to be rolled out in May 2017 which makes sense to me now re Med sailings LOL I was planning to do the Sinfonia repo to South Africa in October 2016 but I'm being sorely tempted to save the money and chance one of Meraviglia's early sailings instead. I wonder if MSC would let me book YC on her - now that would be worth waiting for :D

I would call MSC first thing Monday Bea to see if you'd have the ability to pre-book Meraviglia before the masses get to on July 6th!!!:D

I'm also a little peeved at the fact that the steel cutting ceremony for MSC Seaside is Monday, June 22nd, at Fincantieri and MSC makes no mention of it anywhere!!!

Edited by Mikesa1721

I would call MSC first thing Monday Bea to see if you'd have the ability to pre-book Meraviglia before the masses get to on July 6th!!!:D

I'm also a little peeved at the fact that the steel cutting ceremony for MSC Seaside is Monday, June 22nd, at Fincantieri and MSC makes no mention of it anywhere!!!

I just might try that, Mike.

As for MSC not mentioning the ceremony - what can you say, but, typical MSC :rolleyes:

If Meraviglia is to start sailing May 2017 and booking is to open this month for MSC club members, do you think they will start bookings for Seaside by the end of this year?

MSC Seaside will begin construction tomorrow with a steel cutting ceremony from Fincantieri Monfalcone. A little birdie told me that pre-booking for MSC Seaside's inaugural season will be available late 2015, early 2016.

I'm curious how anyone can book without knowledge of the deck plans :confused:

Good question Bea!!! Just a guess, but maybe a deposit secures your spot on the ship and you can select your stateroom in the order your deposit was received once a deck plan becomes available???

Good question Bea!!! Just a guess, but maybe a deposit secures your spot on the ship and you can select your stateroom in the order your deposit was received once a deck plan becomes available???

I've decided to take your advice anyway, Mike and ring them tomorrow. Though whether I'll get through to them is another matter altogether LOL

I've decided to take your advice anyway, Mike and ring them tomorrow. Though whether I'll get through to them is another matter altogether LOL

Please let us know if you're able to secure a spot onboard Bea!!! I'd be interested to know if the pre-booking is available for all regions or not. :)

Please let us know if you're able to secure a spot onboard Bea!!! I'd be interested to know if the pre-booking is available for all regions or not. :)

Sure thing, Mike, but I'm not very hopeful about it. Cruiselines tend to talk a great talk but reality is usually nothing like the spiel!