MSC shuttle in Venice?

Gig103

I found this statement on a cruising related website that I'm not sure I can link here:

Most cruise lines (including Costa and NCL) provide free shuttles from Piazzale Roma to their cruise ship

Is this accurate for MSC? Or should I just plan on taking the people mover from Piazzale Roma?

I found this statement on a cruising related website that I'm not sure I can link here:

Most cruise lines (including Costa and NCL) provide free shuttles from Piazzale Roma to their cruise ship

Is this accurate for MSC? Or should I just plan on taking the people mover from Piazzale Roma?

I'm pretty sure MSC doesn't provide free shuttles - I've read posts on here about people using the people mover. I've boarded in Venice on a couple of occasions, but each time I was transported to and from the port by bus - either to/from the airport on one occasion or a tour bus on the second.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure MSC doesn't provide free shuttles - I've read posts on here about people using the people mover. I've boarded in Venice on a couple of occasions, but each time I was transported to and from the port by bus - either to/from the airport on one occasion or a tour bus on the second.

We booked a hotel across from Santa Lucia that is only a 1/2 km walk to the people mover entrance. Not ideal, but not impossible to manage. We will be coming off a land portion trip so we should be used to lugging our bags around (and we're going to pack smart this time, I promise!). Certainly better than a €100 private water taxi.

• 4 weeks later...

We travelled on the Msc Armonia from Venice. The trip included an overnight stay in a hotel on the outskirts of Venice Island so we arranged a taxi via the hotel to the port. The driver stated that he only took cards and not cash!! you guessed it, we were scammed out of many Euro's. As it was a credit card, the amount was reimbursed immediately we got home. We use the people mover to get back to Piazza Roma. 1 euro each but quite a walk from the dock itself.

• 2 months later...
We travelled on the Msc Armonia from Venice. The trip included an overnight stay in a hotel on the outskirts of Venice Island so we arranged a taxi via the hotel to the port. The driver stated that he only took cards and not cash!! you guessed it, we were scammed out of many Euro's. As it was a credit card, the amount was reimbursed immediately we got home. We use the people mover to get back to Piazza Roma. 1 euro each but quite a walk from the dock itself.

I agree that the walk from the people mover to the ship is not small. To save the €70 that our hotel quoted as a water taxi fare, I didn't mind. And then from the ship I saw a water taxi dropping people off not too far from the people mover! Glad I went for the €1,50 mover instead!

I think these shuttles operate from the 'terminal side' of the People Mover.