Young Adults on Queen Victoria?

Akunosch

My 25 year old sister and I, 28, have been invited by our parents to a cruise on QV in the Med this June (lucky us!). Both of us have been on quite a few crossings and cruises with QE2 and even the Cunard Crowns back in our childhood. However, as we were considerably younger back then, I was wondering whether there will be any other passengers around our age on the cruise?

We both are really looking forward to dressing up during the cruise - I am actually going for White Tie - and do absolutely love the Cunard way of cruising, but we also like to dance the nights away (and also in a clubby way after the Queen's Room) and would like to have some company in doing so. I have read that the Summer Med cruises tend to attract more families like ours, is this still the case?

Also, how is the age structure on crossings? I would love to take my partner (32) on his first crossing on QM2, but am a bit unsure.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, thank you!

I took my first Cunard cruise last summer and honestly could count the number of people in their 20s on one hand. (I'm 23)

Really really strange experience. I did have a really good time but it was unlike any cruise I'd ever been on before :')

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took my first Cunard cruise at 27 on the QM2 with my 30yo husband two years ago. We were put on a table with people of a similar age for the crossing but the age profile on the next segment was much higher and so were our table mates. We had a ball of a time and almost immediate started shopping around for another Cunard cruise when we got home! Since that cruise I think we've never been for more than six weeks without having an active Voyage Personaliser log in :')

On our second cruise (QV) we found that we were the youngest by around 20 years on our table. However, our table mates have always been fantastic no matter how close or far in age - in fact we tend to find that the older tablemates are the most interesting.

We're not much for dancing but found no problem getting my boogie on after one too many cocktails after dinner. Honestly, many of the older crowd are far more wild than younger people!

The only problem with Cunard is that it is addictive. I must check the Cunard site for bargains at least once a week and we've got two cruises booked. I might as well just let Cunard take a cut of my pay packet!

Whilst my wife and I are no longer in YOUR age group, we were still considerably younger than about 98% of the passengers on our last Cunard cruise on Queen Victoria.

Not so much HipHip Hooray! More like HipHip Replacement!

Still, the older passengers were all in tip top shape and spirit and we had an absolutely great time.

None of the motor scooter brigade on that ship.

We are booked to sail again in July!

🛳⛴🚢

I think it is all in the eyes of the beholder. Cunard does attract a generally older crowd but the older crowd loves to have a few of the younger set around. The sharing of dinner table conversation between generations is bright and whilst I am a young 77, we did manage to close the G32 several evenings with a number of 20 something folk. Everyone loves to dance and the older passengers will give you a wicked game of deck tennis.

So book, pack your bags and bring all those who love the formality of the sailings and you will be back and back and back again.