Voyager, Beijing to Bangkok

briar14

Enjoying cruise. Like results of ship redo, especially color pallete. Lecturer is Hugh Neighbour, extensive background in Asia. Good first lecture. At 9 am this morning, no sun beds occupied either by humans or possessions. Still a little too chilly. I will keep watch :). Have good Trivia team, won 3 out of 3. Hope streak continues but doubt that.

All service has been excellent. Pursers office helped me out with a Chinese immigration issue, my fault, but handled very well. I saw a question elsewhere on this Board about Executive Concierge, Olga. She is on Voyager.

Need to apologize--I identified Executive Concierge incorrectly. Sorry for the error. Incidentally, the lecture today had excellent attendance, Constellation Theater quite full and material presented was very interesting--China's place in the world in comparison with other countries, China/Taiwan history, conflict, current issues.

Cruise continues to go well. I will post full comments when we return home. However, I do want to say that the crew did a wonderful job last night accommodating all the passengers returning from the 12-hour tour to Hanoi. Most everyone returned to the ship around 9 pm. Compass Rose and La Veranda were open until 10 pm, with a French-themed buffet being served in La Veranda. Good service, lots of food, and plenty of wine--very much appreciated after the long bus ride!