Wheelchair use on QM2

Ron the Rev

DW is pretty well wheelchair bound and has to be pushed by me as her wrists no longer work. Any tips regarding access to the theatre etc. would be welcome please.

You will find no problem, Plenty of space for Wheelchairs just as you enter,With great views of stage. Going on outside decks, however there are very few Electric doors. But still manageable once you know the route.

Get there early because it can get busy if there's a lot of scooters onboard and some think they have a right to sit there even without a wheelchair, sometimes staff monitor the spaces which makes things easier, the rest of the ship is very accessible one or two big thresholds but nothing really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may have to walk little further to get to a different deck, but very short, no problems to get to the shows, dining room bars, the staff are great with the help they give. And when going ashore, the only problem could be if a tender is needed to go ashore , other than that no different than a able bodied person. If you get the weather you should have a great time.;p

You may have to walk little further to get to a different deck, but very short, no problems to get to the shows, dining room bars, the staff are great with the help they give. And when going ashore, the only problem could be if a tender is needed to go ashore , other than that no different than a able bodied person. If you get the weather you should have a great time.;p

Sorry to say that it's not only tender ports that are problematic, but also ports where the ramp from ship to shore is too steep for wheelchair users and others with mobility difficulties. In which case, please enjoy the ship while others are traipsing about on shore :)

See https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before

Edited by Salacia

20+ cruises never had to stay onboard when docked, it might be steep but lots of help from crew members, and some ships will help on tender if confined to chair but you will need to ask once onboard.. the only problem you will face is other cruisers who seem to hate the disabled..[emoji35] have a great Cruise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As said, specific locations in the theatre, both levels. Also, special area in Illuminations.

Special lifts to assist with the odd half decks fore and aft.

On my recent cruise (disembarked HK 18/3), they were implementing the step test to ensure people could get into the tenders with minimal assistance. Many announcements that crew would only provide balance support, but would not lift or carry passengers in or out of tenders.

DW is pretty well wheelchair bound and has to be pushed by me as her wrists no longer work. Any tips regarding access to the theatre etc. would be welcome please.

A few photos

f515c2dd1e3bceffddb603b4753ef4ba.jpg

7d73e71966e6cab9c237e9cf03092b83.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk