Queen Victorias World Cruise thread for 2017

roscoe39

Roscoe.....

You appreciate good writing. Check this out about RLS and the 'Casco'. It's your caliber of writing.

http://www.rosslaird.com/blog/casco-the-ship-of-robert-louis-stevenson/

T&C

thanks guys, Ive put it on my reading list and will read it when off line, i had read a little of the casco so that will be interesting..

thinking of you as we approach honolulu...last year seems so close....

big hugs....

roscoe

I have been enjoying your review. It does sound like you have visited some amazing places.

We leave tomorrow for the airport hotel before flying Tues

day to San Francisco for a week before joining you on the 4th April. I guess it could be a big turnover day, though some will be disembarking in LA.

Don't eat all the food:p

We have been encountering quite bouncy weather leading to those little white bags appearing by the lifts, but it is really being handles well by our beautiful ship. Several open decks and the pools are closed, but sunbathing around the Pavilion pool is possible in a spot out of the wind, so life is good. Looking forward to Honolulu tomorrow!

Thanks! We are looking forward to a fun day ashore in the sun.

double what Safrigal said...jsut looked outside and theres a light shower passing....but looking forward to a relaxin day on land.

Some on board will be kissing the ground as we get off but it was very mild and the ship handles that sort of weather beautifully.

It will be a short run to Hilo overnight.

Well, my post above sure came out a mess when all I did was try to put in a smilie. Anyway, hoping you both are having a relaxing and great time here in Paradise. Aloha, Patti

We had a lovely day in Honolulu. After some morning showers the weather has been fantastic. I just wish that we weren't leaving at 6:30, and that we could have a later departure and dinner ashore. Still we do get to see the lovely sight of us sailing away so all is well :)

Well, my post above sure came out a mess when all I did was try to put in a smilie. Anyway, hoping you both are having a relaxing and great time here in Paradise. Aloha, Patti

Aloha patti....well they had a big world cruise party tonight in conjunction with the 1920s ball...the ship was alive in costume and some amazing dresses...I saw safrigal heading into the world cruise party dressed up to the 9s in feather boas and long cigarette holders.

good luck for tomorrow safrigal...

may the best boat win....

hee hee.....

It is amazing how all your World Cruisers manage to pack all the clothes needed, or at least that the ladies want for the theme nights. We don't normally dress up and I still struggled with packing for the basic side of things.

Been in San Francisco for a few days now awaiting your arrival. Well the day after as you have an overnight before we board.

Enjoy your crossing from Hawaii.

It is amazing how all your World Cruisers manage to pack all the clothes needed, or at least that the ladies want for the theme nights. We don't normally dress up and I still struggled with packing for the basic side of things.

Been in San Francisco for a few days now awaiting your arrival. Well the day after as you have an overnight before we board.

Enjoy your crossing from Hawaii.

well good luck Maz48, you will love her as we love her. We who are about to watch you cut up and moved about....salute you.

Its a big day today, its the boat building competition.....safragal is hiding....we have a bart that I am assured by its engineer designer that its unbeatable.....but then thats what they said about the titanic....

well good luck Maz48, you will love her as we love her. We who are about to watch you cut up and moved about....salute you.

Its a big day today, its the boat building competition.....safragal is hiding....we have a bart that I am assured by its engineer designer that its unbeatable.....but then thats what they said about the titanic....

I won't steal safrigals thunder about the boat competition but needless to say the best boat....didnt win!

I won't steal safrigals thunder about the boat competition but needless to say the best boat....didnt win!

Thank you for those kind words. Alas our boat floated, and carried its cargo of 6 beer cans, but didn't win. The one that did win really was excellent - but our construction materials consisting of one of our empty cases of Verve Cliquot, a bottle of the same, and several beer cans looked good, and it was fun to consume the contents prior to and during the construction. Maybe that's why we didn't win!

How is the weather out on the ocean? It has been gorgeous here in SF.

How many boats were floating(or not;p) in the competition?

Oh and oops, I said in my last post that we don't dress up. What I meant was for theme nights, for the different balls. We do indeed dress up for formal nights and actually aren't too casual on casual nights either!

Edited by maz48

How is the weather out on the ocean? It has been gorgeous here in SF.

How many boats were floating(or not;p) in the competition?

Oh and oops, I said in my last post that we don't dress up. What I meant was for theme nights, for the different balls. We do indeed dress up for formal nights and actually aren't too casual on casual nights either!

There were 8 boats in the competition - all floated! Very stiff competition, but it was great fun. Life on board QV is good.

The Royal Court Theater orchestra were playing rock and roll in the pub last night - it was packed! It is difficult to dance in there, but we persevered and succeeded.

Hey, Roscoe…

Sad that you have to leave the Grand Lady. I assume you disembark in San Francisco and when you do, what do you have planned on terra firma?

In your last "are we there yet" post, we recognize the gal you took a selfie with. She was on last year's world cruise, but can't remember her name. Shame on me because I danced with her, and she was a good dancer a fun gal!

So, Roscoe, somehow by hook or by crook, how are you going to finagle your way back onto the QV? Got a wild idea.... go on the Internet and invite your Cunard blog followers to "crowd fund" your 2018 world cruise. Who knows, may work. It would be a great by-line for your P- news, too.

Comments?

T&C

Hey, Roscoe…

Sad that you have to leave the Grand Lady. I assume you disembark in San Francisco and when you do, what do you have planned on terra firma?

In your last "are we there yet" post, we recognize the gal you took a selfie with. She was on last year's world cruise, but can't remember her name. Shame on me because I danced with her, and she was a good dancer a fun gal!

So, Roscoe, somehow by hook or by crook, how are you going to finagle your way back onto the QV? Got a wild idea.... go on the Internet and in..the vite your Cunard blog followers to "crowd fund" your 2018 world cruise. Who knows, may work. It would be a great by-line for your P- news, too.

Comments?

T&C

hi guys...yes sadly thinking of the packing and saying goodbye thing which will take place in the next few days..the ship is fair pumping tonight, everyone is out and about but Ive come back to crash and try and get at least an earlier night.

its been a fantastic trip so far and just putting some more pics on the blog now, next year is probably out for me but I have a booking in for the world cruise 2019...maybe we will see you then.

in the meantime I will live vicariously through any other members who blog on their trips...unless your are willing to start the crowd funding..haha...

best regards and hope to see you soon...roscoe

there are some sore heads on the ship this morning and not because the ship was pumping full of parties and bands and shows, it was the tempest we sailed through. Ive heard of people been thrown out of bed during the night, there were certainly some incredible bangs and being up the front we copped the lot.

Im sorry for the others, but I loved it...

we are now safely docked in San Francisco, it was a beautiful dawn to a calm harbour, hard to believe it was

so rough just out the other side of the bridge.

No sign of safrigal.....hope she made it. Luckily we were in a steel ship and not one made of a VC box.