Cabin Upgrade - 9 Months Before Cruise

mphouston

We just received a free upgrade from an MF to an MB mini-suite, 9 months before the cruise. Is this common? Any ideas on why? I always thought this happened closer to final payment or the cruise date.

We are booked on the Royal in December. There seem to be a normal number of cabins available.

Since there are nine months left, I guess I am hoping we get upgraded again to a full suite :).

We just received a free upgrade from an MF to an MB mini-suite, 9 months before the cruise. Is this common? Any ideas on why? I always thought this happened closer to final payment or the cruise date.

We are booked on the Royal in December. There seem to be a normal number of cabins available.

Since there are nine months left, I guess I am hoping we get upgraded again to a full suite :).

Yes common at all times after booking.

Just a location upgrade.

Wow! Lucky you. We are also booked on the Royal in December (20th) and I would love to hear of an an upgrade now!

It could be that a family booked and they needed that particular cabin so the family could be together.

As for the full suite - you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

We recently received an upgrade from B1 Balcony to MB Mini 12 months before sailing.

I have a hunch that it was to help insure that we follow thru with Final as our Deposit was only $1.00

p/p booked on a whim , on the One Day Cyber Sale last November .

I would be very careful in regards to an "upgrade." In many cases the individual thinks that they are getting a "higher'" class and although the cabin have have a "higher" listing, in many cases it is in a more undesirable location (just under the deck), or an odd shaped room. Before one accepts, they should look at the change very closely.

We got an upgrade from a balcony to a mud ship mini suite for our Dec 1, 2017 cruise. We got the upgrade notice mid January. :)

Why would you consider a change to a mud ship to be an upgrade? :confused:

I would be very careful in regards to an "upgrade." In many cases the individual thinks that they are getting a "higher'" class and although the cabin have have a "higher" listing, in many cases it is in a more undesirable location (just under the deck), or an odd shaped room. Before one accepts, they should look at the change very closely.

I thought about that too. It seems like a reasonable location. Under the Seawalk, but it is on Caribe (C401), so not a big privacy or light issue for us.

I guess these lower cabins under the Seawalk might be considered 'bad' like the ones higher up. This might reduce demand. Perhaps the computer program said: low demand on Caribe, let's move some elites to them...