Wine Packages

reilly1

Mainly cruise with Celebrity but an on Azura April 2017 for an Easter cruise. Looking forward to it.

Can any of you experienced P&O cruisers tell me how to pre-order drinks (wine) package. I have looked in my cruise personaliser but cannot find anywhere to book it.

Any other P&O advice will be appreciated. Over 30 cruises but only 2nd P&O. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mainly cruise with Celebrity but an on Azura April 2017 for an Easter cruise. Looking forward to it.

Can any of you experienced P&O cruisers tell me how to pre-order drinks (wine) package. I have looked in my cruise personaliser but cannot find anywhere to book it.

Any other P&O advice will be appreciated. Over 30 cruises but only 2nd P&O. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we have had it, we ordered on the first evening of the cruise. There should be a list in booklet form on the table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think it is in the luxuries section of the cruise personaliser, but you still have to ring and order. We were going to purchase this for our last cruise, it would have saved us £1 a bottle for the 12 bottle package, but we like to have a chat with the wine waiter/waitress so in the end we didn't bother and just ordered each evening what we wanted.

We have always purchased a wine package on the first evening of the cruise too. When you have decided which of the packages you want to purchase it's then up to you which of those bottles you have - what I'm trying to say is that if you want the same wine for two or three or even more evenings then you can do that. We feel the wine package does represent a good saving if you drink wine each evening, although there are some very reasonable bottles of wine on the main wine list.

• 6 months later...

When I last looked at the packages the savings were very marginal.

It appeared the (small) savings were calculated off the few more expensive bottles, and if you chose anything else the savings vanished.

Meanwhile you had tied yourself into buying a set quantity whether you wanted to or not. Far better to buy (the reasonably priced) wine as you go.

When I last looked at the packages the savings were very marginal.

It appeared the (small) savings were calculated off the few more expensive bottles, and if you chose anything else the savings vanished.

Meanwhile you had tied yourself into buying a set quantity whether you wanted to or not. Far better to buy (the reasonably priced) wine as you go.

I think I will give up now as I agree. Something sadly wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app