Queen Victorias World Cruise thread for 2017

roscoe39

Hi guys, after reading Safrigals excellent blogging this year from the QVs World Cruise...

https://whereissafarigal.wordpress.com

I thought that I would follow along from last years running thread that we did from the World cruise on the QV which enabled those onboard who were able to add the odd comment and observation from the cruise without the commitment of a full blog. Hopefully someone will read this and take me up on the offer.

I leave home tomorrow to join her in Santiago and have started a blog ( I have plenty of time on my hands)

http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.co.nz

to supplement the thread if anyone is interested.

I watched her earlier today sailing through the Amelia Glacier and it bought back some great memories of our trip through there in 2014.

http://roscoesseafever.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/iceberg-dead-ahead-amalia-glacier_2184.html

She's a great ship, looking forward to being back on her again.

regards Roscoe

Wish we were sailing with you like we were last year. Will follow your blog and I know you'll be up to occasional mischief. ~ Aloha, Patti

thanks guys....sitting at the airport now, got a lovely upgrade from Latam (old Lan Chile) airlines so it will make the 10.5 hour flight a little more bearable.

Frankly with the summer we have had in NZ this year it will be a pleasure to leave for some sun. Hopefully it will have improved by the time we come back on the ship.

Great update on Safrigals blog on the glacier. Hoping she might post some pics.....

R

well shes finally here in Valparaiso. Delayed for operational reasons....there is a shuttle strike on today .... should make boarding interesting. Stunning day, the weathers a very nice temperature, I hope everyone keeps their sunny dispositions.

Waw! Beautiful photos of Valparaiso on your blog. We only passed through to port two years ago when we did the Pacific crossing on P&O Aurora to Sydney. It was a memorable trip. Enjoy the voyage on your favourite Queen. :cool: Dee

Well done Roscoe.

I too had considered asking the question 'where are the world cruisers' but it slipped my mind.

Shame there aren't any direct reports this year like your outstanding reporting last year.

There are of course some popping into the Facebook groups but most forums seem devoid.

Even a sector or two would be of interest.

quick update. The QV arrived late this morning….damn…I had been up since 4 waiting, but she was delayed because there is a shuttle drivers strike so delayed for “operational Reasons”. She finally docked at 9.30....Having said that things went very smoothly and after arriving at the port by 11.40 was onboard by 12.30, all ensconced and ready to roll.

Luggage delivered soon after and for those interested in the laundrette wars, I have to report that out of the other tow people there, one brit one yank, I was unable to raise the ire of either, so …..no matter how hard I tried. So I have to make a stereo type assumptions dn say a very nice cored onboard. Though….I have to mention that 3/4 pants and sandals and socks seem to have made a comeback not eh fashion stakes.

Shiver.

There is no sign of "the Queen" however it is nice to see the "usual suspect" onboard.

Awaiting departure, its a beautiful night, for anyone visiting South America I can thoroughly recommend Vap. Its stunning. the ship is clean and well maintained - though no robes. We will have to see about that, I think they were forgotten…surely.

And stop called me shirley.

sorry for the spelling errors...8 hours internet can only go so far...and I am on my second whiskey...

Blog updated.

regards Roscoe...

ps...no sign Safrigal - unless she was the one under the bar stool snoring.....

Bon Voyage Roscoe darling...but I beg to differ w you....

You are simply the best, no body does it better and please drink only the good booze!!!;)

Hello from a very cold New York City

Bon Voyage Roscoe darling...but I beg to differ w you....

You are simply the best, no body does it better and please drink only the good booze!!!;)

Hello from a very cold New York City

well greetings back Rotterdam from a beautiful day in the Pacific..... I forgot about one part of the World here., its deepest darkest before the dawn then within about 5 minutes its suddenly broad daylight.

Great first night onboard, have landed a very funny table, I eventually got there after the fantastic sailaway from Valparaiso...I seriously recommend this town to anyone adventurous. Table suspects so far made up of -

one lady who was mugged in Santiago, they took her medilert bracelet and left her diamond earrings, we wondered if the infirm were now resorting to crime....

one lady who lost her luggage twice, she has only been away from home 2 days,

one lady who did her insuln injection at the table (I admire and love her already)

some brexits - some remains - alas...no trumpites....

and others who I have yet to get to...I mean...who would leave that end of the table with that going on and worrying about who's who at the other end??????

It made for a very lively night and I think we will all get on famously......I hope...

Neil is the CD....(I love this guy even if we have to have a Shoe-off later in the voyage)

and there seems to be the usual suspects aboard which will make for this being a great trip, oh and the usual passengers too.

Love reading here and your blog. Wonderful photos and prose. You sure have a lot of sea days coming up. Enjoy every minute. Cheers, Patti

thanks Patti., you are missed on board there are a lot of familiar faces.

Great day yesterday getting reacquainted with the ship. Tonight is the black and white ball...so far, despite initial concerns the dress standard and quality of passengers seems like old times. Fencing is back....still miss the trays in the lido.

Calm seas today for the run through to Easter Island.

Hi Roscoe, loving your reports. I have fond memories of Valparaiso after waiting to return to my world cruise after I was medi vacced from a ship in Punta Areanas.

I loved Valparasio and the surrounding countryside.

Looking forward to your next report. Enjoy.

Blue skies, calm seas, laundry done, awful internet, but otherwise a perfect sea day. The only issue is, where is Roscoe?

I's is here Safrigal...wheres you 'all?

Ive been keeping an eye out for you...

thanks guys for following along, Im sure Safrigal can talk to the others and get them to join in...

great sea day...perfect calm blue sea and great weather...

blog updated...

one lady who was mugged in Santiago, they took her medilert bracelet and left her diamond earrings, we wondered if the infirm were now resorting to crime....

one lady who lost her luggage twice, she has only been away from home 2 days,

one lady who did her insuln injection at the table (I admire and love her already)

some brexits - some remains - alas...no trumpites....

and others who I have yet to get to...I mean...who would leave that end of the table with that going on and worrying about who's who at the other end??????

It made for a very lively night and I think we will all get on famously......I hope....

This is what I love about Cunard - the wide range of people you have as dinner companions. On my one and only QM2 TA (though I have been on QE2 many times) our table consisted of:

A retired US Naval Admiral

A retired high ranking civil servant from Bermuda who had a delightful story about his daughter meeting the Queen

A retired "improver" with Hoover. He definitely had a 1950's boffin look about him. Nowadays he would be a Product Development Manager!

An elderly spinster from the East End of London who constantly complained about the single supplement - I was to discover after the crossing on the bus to Manhattan that she had just inherited over a million dollars from an Aunt!

A lively lady from Australia who worked in the arts in Sydney

... and me!

Just love it! Enjoy the time with your table companions.

This is what I love about Cunard - the wide range of people you have as dinner companions. On my one and only QM2 TA (though I have been on QE2 many times) our table consisted of:

A retired US Naval Admiral

A retired high ranking civil servant from Bermuda who had a delightful story about his daughter meeting the Queen

A retired "improver" with Hoover. He definitely had a 1950's boffin look about him. Nowadays he would be a Product Development Manager!

An elderly spinster from the East End of London who constantly complained about the single supplement - I was to discover after the crossing on the bus to Manhattan that she had just inherited over a million dollars from an Aunt!

A lively lady from Australia who worked in the arts in Sydney

... and me!

Just love it! Enjoy the time with your table companions.

well....gosspi....the two australians???? arn't married!!!!!

apparently they had never met before....could there be romance on the books we wondered???

sea is like a millpond today...

there was a terrific show last night witht he cunard singers and dancers - they are a much more experienced and stronger troupe than we had last year...all credit to them.

everyone is looking froward to Easter Island...

blog wil leb updated tonight....

Roscoe..

ps...wheres Safrigal?

apparently they had never met before....could there be romance on the books we wondered???

there was a terrific show last night witht he cunard singers and dancers - they are a much more experienced and stronger troupe than we had last year...all credit to them.

Roscoe..

ps...wheres Safrigal?

Yay, I finally found Roscoe! Thanks to those who helped me :)

Another totally beautiful calm day, bring on the sunscreen. Life is good on QV, especially with Easter Island cruise by this afternoon. I do wish we could go ashore, but you can't always get what you want, so this will do!

Roscoe..

ps...wheres Safrigal?

fantastic day sailing around easter island. The Commodore promised a half way round tour and we ended up doing a full circuit which included the town, quarry and a number of sites of the famous Mohi. A fantastic bonus...well done mr Cunard... Although we didn't land - it was well worth while.

Had a fantastic lecturer on board who was very informative and is on for Pitcairn....

blog updated...

internet pretty terrible here...

I wonder why you weren't able to tender in to Easter Island. When we were on the QE2 we spent a fabulous day there seeing all the moai and so much more.

Glad that you and Safarigal finally met each other. Another lady and I posted exactly where and what time to find you on her blog. You are so delightfully predictable ;). Enjoy those beautiful sea days.