QM2 Crossing, Southampton to NYC, May 2016 photo album

SeaCBear

Thank you! We did enjoy the crossing, but - and I know I'm probably in the minority here - I did not like the QM2 as much as the Queen Victoria. I preferred the Queen Victoria as a ship, and also found the food and entertainment were better on our Baltic Cruise. But , we had a wonderful time on the QM2, and really enjoyed the lecturers - Ken Walsh (White House correspondent), Rick ? (former Concorde captain), and the gentleman who is an expert on cruise lines. Sorry, I'm terrible at remembering names. For us, the lectures were a real highlight.

Great photos, thank you very much for sharing them.

Just one question, did you enjoy the crossing ?

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT photos. Thank you so much. We are taking our first cruise ever on the same May crossing this year. I wonder if you could add some comments regarding the weather. We have a balcony cabin and wondered if we will actually use the balcony. Of course I know there is no guarantee that our May crossing will have similar weather but any insight would be appreciated.

Love the photos!

In particular I loved the dogs. On a previous crossing we asked to see the kennel. The kennel itself was windowless and depressing and so I decided my dog would hate its darkness. But the kennel deck space was nice and the keeper was very friendly.

GREAT photos. Thank you so much. We are taking our first cruise ever on the same May crossing this year. I wonder if you could add some comments regarding the weather. We have a balcony cabin and wondered if we will actually use the balcony. Of course I know there is no guarantee that our May crossing will have similar weather but any insight would be appreciated.

A lot depends on your tolerance for temperatures. People who sit outside only when it is 30 C. or more will be disappointed. I have taken several crossings in the month of May and have never found it too cold. It has rained very little on our crossings, so it was rare that the balcony could not be used. There was one time on an e/b crossing when it was far too hot and humid to sit outside for the first day and a half out of New York.

• 2 weeks later...