Cabin 'spreadsheet'

wowpeople

:confused:can someone please send me the link for the list of particular cabins and the pro-con? I've seen this before on the site and cannot find it now. Looking particularly for Regent seven seas cruise explorer concierge suites.

I know someone was kind enough to put together a fairly good listing but I'm on able to locate that right now.

Thanks in advance,

I have not seen or heard of such a spreadsheet. It would be nice if it existed, however, in terms of Explorer, many suites have been re-categorized which makes things confusing.

We love the concierge suites on Explorer - you can see which ones have a slightly larger balcony by looking at the deck plan on the Regent website. The only suites that we would avoid on any ship is above or below a lounge that plays music at night....... under the pool deck ........ aft on some ships (Voyager and Navigator), and forward suites - especially on high decks. Forward suites feel the motion of the ocean both sideways and forward and back. Also, suites in the very front of the ship have balconies that are not usable most of the time due to high winds.

wowpeople: This is the reason why most of us have TA's that regularly book Regent cruises. They know which are the best and worst locations on each ship. While Regent knows, their goal is to book every single cabin and may minimize issues that have been reported about specific suites.

:confused:can someone please send me the link for the list of particular cabins and the pro-con? I've seen this before on the site and cannot find it now. Looking particularly for Regent seven seas cruise explorer concierge suites.

I know someone was kind enough to put together a fairly good listing but I'm on able to locate that right now.

Thanks in advance,

I've been on this forum for years and I don't remember ever seeing anything like that for any Regent ships...but I'll echo Travelcat's comments - there are a handful of suites on each ship that are less desirable than others for various reasons.

I think you'll find that the Regent Explorer D, E, and F suites offer a good 'bang for the buck' with plenty of room, a nice layout, and big closets and bathrooms (from what I've read, we don't sail on Explorer until next month). Depending on your budget, there are some upper level suites that are nice, but we usually sail in the more standard cabins.

I'd say if you're looking at a few suites and/or categories in particular, let the gang here know which suites you're interested in and I'm sure you'll get some feedback on the pros/cons of your options.

Also, depending on how far out you're looking, you might find that certain cabins or categories sell out quite a bit sooner than others - that's usually a pretty good indicator that those are good choices. ;p

Just to add: An experienced and fond Regent cruiser mentioned that she found the F suites on Explorer less comfortable and more cramped than the comparable Mariner suites. I know that I'd definitely miss having the big Mariner shower, but for people who enjoy tubs, it's nice that Explorer has both. I wish I'd hear more about the comparison between Explorer F and Mariner G. I should probably start a thread.

That'd make it SuiteGuru.

Now I just need a website to tell me what bed linens to buy. Or where to live. Or what shotgun to buy. Or the best candy bars. Or how bad the weather will be...

Hmmmm.....

SheetGuru

StreetGuru

SkeetGuru

SweetGuru

SleetGuru

Would be a great opportunity for CC to come up with something like SeatGuru. :)

It's been suggested before...like in 2008...(http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=796401). I agree with TC, none of the cruise lines will be on board with this (no pun intended) like the airlines are - people are more likely to put up with a bad airline seat for a few hours than they are to be in a bad cabin for weeks, or months...

But yeah, it sure would be nice to at least know what previous passengers thought about specific suites/cabins/sections of the ship...

It's been suggested before...like in 2008...(http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=796401). I agree with TC, none of the cruise lines will be on board with this (no pun intended) like the airlines are - people are more likely to put up with a bad airline seat for a few hours than they are to be in a bad cabin for weeks, or months...

But yeah, it sure would be nice to at least know what previous passengers thought about specific suites/cabins/sections of the ship...

Bill, I posted in post #4 that this exists in CC on theAzamara Forum and is a sticky sanctioned by CC and could easily be included on this board as well as any others. The cruise line has no say in this and of course they would not develop such a list as it of course would be prejudiced.<br /><br />

All anyone needs to do is copy the basis of the spread sheet from the Azamara forum, post on this board and then ask Host Dan to make it a sticky. It is then up to the on line members to populate the list. Would be abit more complex than Azamara as only two ships and pretty much identical so only one spread sheet while Regent would require a spread sheet for each of the current 4 ships.<br /><br />

Bill, I posted in post #4 that this exists in CC on theAzamara Forum and is a sticky sanctioned by CC and could easily be included on this board as well as any others. The cruise line has no say in this and of course they would not develop such a list as it of course would be prejudiced.<br /><br />

All anyone needs to do is copy the basis of the spread sheet from the Azamara forum, post on this board and then ask Host Dan to make it a sticky. It is then up to the on line members to populate the list. Would be abit more complex than Azamara as only two ships and pretty much identical so only one spread sheet while Regent would require a spread sheet for each of the current 4 ships.<br /><br />

(y) That spreadsheet for Azamara looks to be an excellent resource and , as with Seatguru, the information (both good & bad) has been supplied by the passengers. The only difficulty was finding the up-to-date version of the spreadsheet amongst all the posts about individual cabins

Since Regent has 4 ships (soon to be 5?) maybe a good idea would be to have a separate spreadsheet for each ship and put each as a sticky on the relevant Roll Call Board

So all we need now is for Host Dan to create the stickies and a volunteer for each ship to keep the spreadsheet updated

As mentioned previously, I challenge anyone to do a spreadsheet of Explorer based on the many suite changes, etc. It is doable but would take months. And, whatever issues exist today on Explorer will likely not exist in a few months so the information will be outdated. We have spent over 40 nights on this ship and I still can't answer questions about Explorer Suites except that former Explorer Suites are now Grand Suites and some Seven Seas Suites are now Explorer suite but not all of them.

I wish I knew last November what I know now about pocket doors. Instead of putting a block of wood to temporarily stabilize the door, simply put a folded small towel under it and the problem is solved (until a permanent fix can be done).

In terms of the Navigator, while most people dislike aft suites due to the vibration, some people like the aft suites. So, the spreadsheet would need to accommodate differing opinions of the suite (perhaps how many like it and how many do not).

Just to add: An experienced and fond Regent cruiser mentioned that she found the F suites on Explorer less comfortable and more cramped than the comparable Mariner suites. I know that I'd definitely miss having the big Mariner shower, but for people who enjoy tubs, it's nice that Explorer has both. I wish I'd hear more about the comparison between Explorer F and Mariner G. I should probably start a thread.

While I truly love the poster that indicated that they did not like the F1 suites, we do not like the "regular suites" on the Mariner. In fact my DH dislikes then so much that he will not stay in one (under any conditions) but we are both very comfortable in Explorer's "F" or Concierge Suites.

Thanks to all. I am choosing Cat. E, concierge level but on deck 6 cuz I like being close to water. Used to sail Regent on deck 7... hoping this will be a good one. Cabins above and below us.

I hope that's a good choice too!

We will be in E649 which is very much midships and seems to have the large balcony and, as you say only cabins above and below.

The only slight misgivings I have concern the shower size (just love the ones in Mariner standard cabins) and the bed size which I am still not sure about.

All of the comments regarding problems with the spread sheet are non-issues. Doesn't matter the category of the suite, would not be listing the various categories of suites but, the actual suite number so if the category changes, it doesn't mater as the sort would be by suite number and category does not need to be listed. Doing Explorer would take a little longer due to the larger number of suites but, certainly not months. It's simply a matter of listing the suite numbers and when a comment is received the keeper of that ship's suites would copy and paste the comments in the appropriate suite block. Simply look at the thread and see how actually simple it would be. With 375, I thing suites on Explorer, entering 375 suite numbers at say 5 per minute should take about an hour and 15 minutes and maintenance would only be based on the number of comments and shouldn't take more than 15 to 20 minutes per month unless there were a large number of comments. Look at the Azamara format for a 300 cabin ship and everyone can see this isn't really a big deal after it is set up and for all 4 current ships perhaps 5 hours total time to set up should do it. Not the big deal some people who haven't seen the format believe.

All of the comments regarding problems with the spread sheet are non-issues. Doesn't matter the category of the suite, would not be listing the various categories of suites but, the actual suite number so if the category changes, it doesn't mater as the sort would be by suite number and category does not need to be listed. Doing Explorer would take a little longer due to the larger number of suites but, certainly not months. It's simply a matter of listing the suite numbers and when a comment is received the keeper of that ship's suites would copy and paste the comments in the appropriate suite block. Simply look at the thread and see how actually simple it would be. With 375, I thing suites on Explorer, entering 375 suite numbers at say 5 per minute should take about an hour and 15 minutes and maintenance would only be based on the number of comments and shouldn't take more than 15 to 20 minutes per month unless there were a large number of comments. Look at the Azamara format for a 300 cabin ship and everyone can see this isn't really a big deal after it is set up and for all 4 current ships perhaps 5 hours total time to set up should do it. Not the big deal some people who haven't seen the format believe.

With all due respect, you may not understand the difference between Azamara and Regent (as of today - not 4 or 5 years ago). If you enter, for instance, an Explorer Suite, how would you know that that particular suite has 1 1/2 bathrooms while other Explorer Suites have two full bathrooms.

This isn't about how long it takes to set up a spreadsheet, but rather the differences between suites within the same category!

With all due respect, you may not understand the difference between Azamara and Regent (as of today - not 4 or 5 years ago). If you enter, for instance, an Explorer Suite, how would you know that that particular suite has 1 1/2 bathrooms while other Explorer Suites have two full bathrooms.

This isn't about how long it takes to set up a spreadsheet, but rather the differences between suites within the same category!

Actually, I saw the idea as serving exactly that purpose - a central, collated collection of all the small details, pros and cons of each suite shared over time on this forum. From the brochure/website, it does appear that all suites within the same category are the same and yet, we know (and you've just confirmed) that they are different. Rather than keep asking the same questions over and again, it seems to be perfectly sensible to have it all in a single place, where it can be updated as and when needed. But I agree, it would be quite a task to set up a spreadsheet - beyond my capabilities for sure. But to begin somewhere, maybe a sticky thread with "suite details" for each ship could be a simple starting point?

I always consult seatguru when booking an unfamiliar airline/aircraft and yesterday was so glad to find a similar seating guide for the Mariinsky Theatre - when I'm spending a lot of money and choices are involved, then I am happy to have as much information as I can in order to make the best decision at the time. Yes, I know some TAs can offer such advice but many of us (myself included) prefer to be independent!