'Independant' transfers at end of cruise

SwissDave

Hi all

Going on my first P&O cruise in October having been persuaded by friends to give them a try. I have done many Princess cruises so am fairly familiar with the ships, I have read up on dress code, tips and so on. So far so good.

Once thing I cannot find though is options for getting to Heathrow from Southampton after the cruise ends. In the past I have always taken the Princess transfer, booked on board, which was very competitively priced compared to train etc, and I would prefer not to have to go across London.

Can I book, if there is such a thing, a P&O transfer to Heathrow either through P&O directly or on the ship?

Many thanks.

D.

P&O is different of course to Princess in that the vast majority of its cruisers are British whereas on Princess many cruisers will be heading back to the USA etc. However a coach service operates between P&O ships and various locations across the UK. Check this:

http://www.intercruises.com/cruiseconnect/index.php/home

P&O is different of course to Princess in that the vast majority of its cruisers are British whereas on Princess many cruisers will be heading back to the USA etc. However a coach service operates between P&O ships and various locations across the UK. Check this:

http://www.intercruises.com/cruiseconnect/index.php/home

Can you not fly direct to Southampton airport?

Love RCCL and P&O.

One option avoiding London would be to take the train from Southampton to Woking (fast trains to Waterloo stop there) and then get the Rail-Air coach link to Heathrow, which leaves from Woking station forecourt. Coaches run hourly, and only take about half an hour to do the trip.

Thanks all. It's a journey I have done several times, but always with the Princess transfer.

Flights from Geneva to Southampton only run during ski season, otherwise it would be my first choice.

The intercruise coach seems to be the way to go as it is "door to door" from ship to airport. I suspect there will be others who fly from Scotland needing to go LHR as well.

I always take the train from London to Southampton as I usually stay in London for a night before travelling down, but to be honest I am not so keen on going back that way - mainly because I am probably too lazy :halo:

Even if you are lazy, the train back to Heathrow isn't that arduous - its about two hours, although you will probably need to change trains at Woking.

Alternatively National Express have a coach that runs every few hours. Takes about the same time as the train, but probably cheaper.

Thanks all. It's a journey I have done several times, but always with the Princess transfer.

Flights from Geneva to Southampton only run during ski season, otherwise it would be my first choice.

The intercruise coach seems to be the way to go as it is "door to door" from ship to airport. I suspect there will be others who fly from Scotland needing to go LHR as well.

I always take the train from London to Southampton as I usually stay in London for a night before travelling down, but to be honest I am not so keen on going back that way - mainly because I am probably too lazy :halo:

Most Scots fly into Southampton but we've travelled on the Intercruises coach from Southampton on numerous times. It works like your princess transfer and you're one of the first off the ship so you get an early start.