Stateroom 752 on Explorer. Anyone been in here?

Suzez

We have booked this stateroom 752 on Explorer as it is quite mid ship and not too high. It looks like it is quite near to the tenders.

Does anyone have any experience of this part of the ship? Tia

I have an answer. The tenders/lifeboats sit inside flush with the outside of the ship, so no obstruction.

The tenders are very quiet and Regent have had no complaints of noise from them.

• 1 month later...
I have an answer. The tenders/lifeboats sit inside flush with the outside of the ship, so no obstruction.

The tenders are very quiet and Regent have had no complaints of noise from them.

Agree that there is no obstruction to views.

However the winch gear used for deploying & recovering the lifeboats is extremely noisy - as we found out when in suite 646 directly above one of the lifeboats; only an issue when visiting tender ports.

I suspect that you will not hear the noise on deck 7 as you are one floor further away from the winch-gear.

The D grade suites being discussed are fabulous. Have a great cruise :D

PS: After you have cruised please leave a review of the suite on the sticky 'SuiteGuru' in order to help others

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2478753

Let me know how you like that suite. We are booked in the same one in early December.

SS//

Our cruise is December 2018, maybe you can report back to me :)

Recently completed a cruise in Suite 753 and it was great. Very quiet, comfortable and big enough. Walk-in closet was very nice as was separate shower stall and tub.

US style electrical outlets are not too plentiful. I had to juggle phones and IPads that we were using.

Great cruise from Rome to Lisbon, especially my favorites Monte Carlo, Gibraltar, and Valencia.

US style electrical outlets are not too plentiful. I had to juggle phones and IPads that we were using.

Are the European style 220V or can you use adapters to convert the style of the plug to US 110V style?

Are the European style 220V or can you use adapters to convert the style of the plug to US 110V style?

Adapters will allow you to plug in multi-voltage devices into the euro plugs but they won't convert voltage...

Not being world travelers (yet) my question was about the voltage rather than the style of plug, but I found the answer here http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/.

It seems we are behind the curve (and the voltage) as most of the rest of the world is on 220 Volts. I never knew there were so many types of plugs. :o

SS//