Arabian Gulf Cruises 19

marknali

Hi

Has anyone seen the mistake in there Arabian Gulf brochure

We where looking at the come back cruise traveling 20 March for 15 nights.......we looked on the website and rang p&o to confirm......it's wrong it leaves on the 21 for 14 nights.......not a biggie.....however you would think someone would check before releasing it

On E908 you arrive on 20th March 2019 for 15 nights on board, your first night is on board while in Dubai. You the sail the following day.

On E908A arrive 21st for 14 nights embarking and sailing from Dubai on the same day

All the Arabian Gulf cruises have the option of where to have the extra day in Dubai, beginning or end of cruise, cruise numbers have the suffix 'A'

I have booked the one way Arabian out on E902, am thinking of changing it to E902A to give me an extra day in Dubai, did not realise there was so much to see and do there. I think it has changed a lot since I worked there in 1976!!

Royal Caribbean have been doing a very similar trip for years. We did it a couple of years ago. It has certainly changed since I was working out there in 1975. Well worth it. And not so hot in our winter. So well done P&O for trying this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've booked E902b, 30 nights with plenty of time to see everything with the ship being in Dubai for 3 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That long one seems to have been popular from what others have said.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When they originally released the itineraries for these cruises, the one we were interested in was on 29th January, it's now been changed to 30th January, our agent thinks it's to do with the flight out to Dubai, which will be a night flight, so probably leaving on 29th January but our first night on board will be 30th January...it's as clear as mud at the moment! Whatever, we are looking forward to it!

Just did a similar cruise with RCL on Vision of the Seas. Personally Dubai does nothing for me - it's a City for tourists and not my cup of tea. Enjoyed Muscat, Khasab and Abu Dhabi though and would return to see the other ports and stay on the ship for Dubai (talking to others I think it is very much a "marmite" place - you either love it or hate it!)

Cheers

Pat

We love Dubai, have been a couple of times in the past three years, always in March as the weather is perfect then. So we were very excited about the Gulf cruises, we pre- registered and today got E908A. We wanted a certain cabin which wasn't available on E908, and like others I was confused by the nights in the itineraries but they count a night on a plane as a night! We lose out on the time in Dubai and have less time to get over the jet lag, but we are happy with our cabin and the rest of the cruise. Shame it's a long way off, but two cruises on Arcadia first and other hols to keep us travelling! [emoji41][emoji41][emoji924][emoji924]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I looked at these cruises as something different for the winter months but then I read the cultural guide that P&O kindly provided and it put me off a bit.

I knew that as a woman I would need to dress modestly (as I have done in Morrocco etc) but the cultural guide seems to imply that I would really need to cover up in some ports. If my memory serves me correctly it even suggested buying a fashionable abaya.

For those who have been was this their experience?

I looked at these cruises as something different for the winter months but then I read the cultural guide that P&O kindly provided and it put me off a bit.

I knew that as a woman I would need to dress modestly (as I have done in Morrocco etc) but the cultural guide seems to imply that I would really need to cover up in some ports. If my memory serves me correctly it even suggested buying a fashionable abaya.

For those who have been was this their experience?

Just think "modest", only when visiting mosques do you really need to cover up but I was quite shocked by some of the clothing some cruisers wore :eek:, just be respectful of the culture and you will be fine.

I have also booked for 1st March as they seem to be selling fast. I have never booked a holiday so far in advance, we tend to be last minute so I don't know how I will get through the next 2 years!