Does Carnival Dream have Guys Burgers/Blue Iguana Burritos?

kwagmyre

I searched for an answer to this before posting, surprised I did not find this already asked...

Dream is due for her 2.0 drydock on Sep. 8. I see the regular items, but not the burgers or burrito bar on the list.

So, does Dream already have these venues? I would assume so, since Breeze is supposed to, but don't want to assume things. Or if not, does anyone know if she is getting them?

In reading her Sept upgrades, they will not be added at that time. But have read threads that talk about a burito bar in the bufet area that is supposedly very good.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2011/10/05/what-is-the-fun-ship-2-0-implementation-schedule.aspx

Carnival Dream

(Dry Dock: Sept. 8-22, 2012)

RedFrog Rum Bar

Blue Iguana Tequila Bar

Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez

DJ IRIE

Bandits wife.. I agree .. its not getting either according to the schedule. I read it the same way you do.

But the burrito bar in the buffet area gets good reviews. Magic has the burritos too but I didnt try them.

No Guy's Burgers, no food in the Red Frog or Blue Iguana. For whatever reason, Carnival felt these didn't need to be added. John Heald also said on his facebook page that even though there is a pasta restaurant on Dream, it won't be converted to a Cucino del Capitano for budget reasons.

I do wish that could happen, but even with the dry dock we won't get all the bells 'n' whistles. There are tons of choices for food at lunch on Dream though. It's just dinner that I wish had an Italian restaurant or some other choices than the buffet, Steakhouse, pizza--in other words a served food restaurant, when we don't like the choices in the MDR, but perhaps eventually that will be.

Burrito bar on the Dream is like a Moe's SW. Pretty good, not bad, I can't complain. (apologies to John Prine). Dream has the Pasta Bar and the Tandoori Grill, with its excellent Indian dishes, for lunch. Guy's Burgers are way over hyped by the Shake Shack groupies.. Dream does have a regular grill/deli station opposite the Tandoori, albeit without the sunglassesneck's TM., that does have good hamburgers and hotdogs. Lanai BBQ on sea days has good quesadillas, pork tacos, so-so sliders. Wasabi sushi bar carries a great mix of tapas and salads for lunch on sea days too. You're not going to go hungry.

Ruthlessboss DITTO!! heck, I never would eat a burger or hot dog on a cruise in fact i rarely make my own hamburgers at home just not eat that way.

But on cruises I have seen abundent of people wanting and eating burgers and hot dogs maybe its not the cruise lines fault cutting back its the way society eats, and you wonder why there is a high percentage of even young people with cholesterol and heart problems! Sorry not for us.

No Guy's Burgers, no food in the Red Frog or Blue Iguana. For whatever reason, Carnival felt these didn't need to be added. John Heald also said on his facebook page that even though there is a pasta restaurant on Dream, it won't be converted to a Cucino del Capitano for budget reasons.

I do wish that could happen, but even with the dry dock we won't get all the bells 'n' whistles. There are tons of choices for food at lunch on Dream though. It's just dinner that I wish had an Italian restaurant or some other choices than the buffet, Steakhouse, pizza--in other words a served food restaurant, when we don't like the choices in the MDR, but perhaps eventually that will be.

Really no food served in the red frog? I wanted to try the wings,etc....

Go to your local wing place, get a fill of them. There, that will take care of the craving. You might not like them on board anyway. I know every place I go, they are different.

The way posters talk about Guy Burgers, you'd think they go on a cruise just for a hamburger:eek: Yes, it's something many of us were not familiar with, but come on folks, it's a HAMBURGER!!! It's NOT God's gift to the world:D

Lol, you are so funny. I agree. A burger is a burger. Grew up in a burger joint, I've had enough to last a lifetime.

Red Frog PUB has the wings and food .. like on Magic

Red Frog LOUNGE has no food, just drinks.

I got corrected myself last week and now "got it straight"

Archived