What is your interest in booking Harmony?

Thanks for the history lesson. :)

Totally get the three day weekend, just never lived where it was a whole week celebration.

I can't remember exactly when the week long holiday period started....but I can tell you that schools in the NE where we lived when our sons were small used the week to close so they could reduce their heating bill a bit, instead of having 2 three day weekends that closed schools on two separate Mondays.

It wasn't always good or a celebration for working parents however.....but that also is a different part of a history less.....I digress.

I am not sure if you know this or not, but technically Quantum is not in the same class as Harmony (which this thread is about), Oasis and Allure. That being said Harmony is bigger. As for your nickel and dime comment, no one really likes it. I just smile and say no thank-you and wish the cruise member selling the product a good day. :)

You aren't the only one who has said some ships don't have the connection to the sea.

When we sailed on Allure we had a balcony overlooking CP -- no view of the ocean at all from it. When we booked Harmony, we booked a balcony cabin overlooking the AquaTheater, knowing from our balcony we will have a view of the ocean.....hoping that gives us a little bit more of a feel of being 'at sea'.