Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

When DH came home last night, he wanted to cancel our Her Majesty cruise. We were not on the expected final cruise, it was not a good weekend for us so we booked the mid week over Presidents Day in February in a JS. We figured it would be our last cruise on her and we splurged a little and booked a JS. He says he would drive to PC if he wants to cruise on her in the future....not something I want to do.

To me, it is OUR last cruise on her, with her redeployment to PC....its over.

If he was like that, and he is a mild guy -- I can only imagine the irritation others have on this issue. Prices for the final cruise had become a little higher (I think), and sold rather quickly....so people are going to be very irritated in this maneuver -- regardless of the spin put out as to the reasoning, if any reasoning is ever given.

I understand the frustration of having a booked cruise disappear out from under you. We have had that happen more than once. :eek: However, when put into perspective, Florida residents are not losing any of the several RCI ships that home port there, with Majesty's move to PC. They are moving a ship up the East Coast.

I understand the frustration of having a booked cruise disappear out from under you. We have had that happen more than once. :eek: However, when put into perspective, Florida residents are not losing any of the several RCI ships that home port there, with Majesty's move to PC. They are moving a ship up the East Coast.

Your overall point that S. Florida is not losing a ship, that she is just being deployed in another area of S. Florida is clear along with the fact that S. Florida has lots of options as far as ships to sail on go. What many people are dismayed with is that what they booked, under the expectation of when her last sailing (because of her transfer to Pullmantr) is erroneous now. So those people will actually get no compensation for the change....the sailing is still going to happen, but their expectation is not the same for the experience they anticipated.

Your overall point that S. Florida is not losing a ship, that she is just being deployed in another area of S. Florida is clear along with the fact that S. Florida has lots of options as far as ships to sail on go. What many people are dismayed with is that what they booked, under the expectation of when her last sailing (because of her transfer to Pullmantr) is erroneous now. So those people will actually get no compensation for the change....the sailing is still going to happen, but their expectation is not the same for the experience they anticipated.

Well then they can easily cancel. However, I do understand why it could be frustrating.

And when Majesty's last sailing once again gets scheduled, they can book that...

:)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Well then they can easily cancel. However, I do understand why it could be frustrating.

And when Majesty's last sailing once again gets scheduled, they can book that...

:)

I wonder if they will update the Crystal blocks to include slides :what:

Of course! As in all things, but especially with travel, it pays to be flexible. Itineraries change, ships are redeployed, political havoc in other areas of the world affect travel plans or cruises to that region. It's the nature of the beast. And your ship and sail date still exist, so there is minimal disruption.

Any guesses on how Royal would put Cuba in the schedule if required.

I think that you are still a couple of years away from that but once Cuba does open up for tourism there could be a couple of options.

One would be simply a straight port substitution. Remove one port and add a port in Cuba. Another would be to have a really new itinerary with a couple of different ports of call in Cuba.

The one thing that I don't foresee RCI doing is having a ship that homeports out of Cuba.

Any guesses on how Royal would put Cuba in the schedule if required.

I think that you are still a couple of years away from that but once Cuba does open up for tourism there could be a couple of options.

One would be simply a straight port substitution. Remove one port and add a port in Cuba. Another would be to have a really new itinerary with a couple of different ports of call in Cuba.

The one thing that I don't foresee RCI doing is having a ship that homeports out of Cuba.

I think we'll hear more on Cuba during the 2017-18 deployment.

Not Carnival but one of their subsidiary's. fathom is the subsidiary offering the working cruises.

$3000pp for a working cruise as you have to work 8 hrs a day while in Cuba to comply with government regulations.

Yes they are getting their foot in the door but it's not a cruise that most would recognize.

Not Carnival but one of their subsidiary's. fathom is the subsidiary offering the working cruises.

$3000pp for a working cruise as you have to work 8 hrs a day while in Cuba to comply with government regulations.

Yes they are getting their foot in the door but it's not a cruise that most would recognize.

It surely would not count as a vacation to me.....and I recognize it as a cruise, simply because you are sleeping on a ship.....that's all folks....after that it isn't a cruise vacation at all.

I'll pass. :eek:

It surely would not count as a vacation to me.....and I recognize it as a cruise, simply because you are sleeping on a ship.....that's all folks....after that it isn't a cruise vacation at all.

I agree with you there. Not my ideal choice for a cruise vacation. :rolleyes:

It's somebody else's vacation not mine.

There has been some speculation for the reason that Rhapsody's 10/27/2016 TA cruise is "sold out" To me it seems obvious. Majesty is being located at Port Canaveral, and Rhapsody is moving to Tampa. With that in mind a TA docking in Port Canaveral makes no sense. There are 2 options

1) Re-plan the cruise to end in Tampa

2) Plan a new short cruise from Port Canaveral to Tampa

Till either on of these options are chosen, don't plan on the TA cruise to be available

Edited by Manymice

There has been some speculation for the reason that Rhapsody's 10/27/2016 TA cruise is "sold out" To me it seems obvious. Majesty is being located at Port Canaveral, and Rhapsody is moving to Tampa. With that in mind a TA docking in Port Canaveral makes no sense. There are 2 options

Till either on of these options are chosen, don't plan on the TA cruise to be available

Someone posted on FB they are furious because their Rhapsody TA has been cancelled. I assumed that meant they were notified. They did not say what else, if anything, they have been offered instead.

IF they do this then they would have to do a repo cruise hitting the ABC Islands to get around the PVSA.

Someone posted on FB they are furious because their Rhapsody TA has been cancelled. I assumed that meant they were notified. They did not say what else, if anything, they have been offered instead.

yes, I saw that post this morning. I think Royal should've waited till they re-deployed the TA before canceling that sailing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There was talk last week that the TA would continue to PC and then do a dry dock before headed to Tampa. This was probably fueled by the 3 week window between arrival in PC and the first cruise out of Tampa. I guess it was BS

There was talk last week that the TA would continue to PC and then do a dry dock before headed to Tampa. This was probably fueled by the 3 week window between arrival in PC and the first cruise out of Tampa. I guess it was BS

Is Rhapsody due for a dry dock?