Minor rant

My head is going to explode. I just happened to glance at "my profile" and once again all my contact details are incorrect with the exception of my name and email address.

They keep changing it to "almost correct", and I look again a few weeks later and it's wrong again. My address is listed as "67 Dublin". No street name, no other information, just 67 Dublin. That's as useful as saying you live in number 24 New York. And they keep changing my phone number to a British mobile number. I'm not British, I don't own a British phone of any kind. The last excuse was "oh, that was set as the primary number so it resets, but we've changed your primary number now". And they had. But they've gone and changed it back again.

Grrrr.

It's not the end of the world (though if the upgrade fairy was trying to call they'd get some British stranger). It's just another example of how **** their IT systems are. I was also told at one stage that they couldn't put my real address in, as the system said there was another similar address somewhere already. How do they manage when multiple family members have the same address? Or am I supposed to share all my post with my neighbours?

End of rant.

Oh, and if I try to change it myself, all I ever get is a stupid warning message saying

"You have selected a preferred mailing address. Please complete the address fields in order to continue."

ALLLLLLLLLL the fields are filled in. All of them. There are no more fields. I've even gone into the source code to check for cunningly hidden fields. There are none. I did find though that while the my profile page is secure (https), the submit method is POSTing insecurely :rolleyes:

My head is going to explode. I just happened to glance at "my profile" and once again all my contact details are incorrect with the exception of my name and email address.

They keep changing it to "almost correct", and I look again a few weeks later and it's wrong again. My address is listed as "67 Dublin". No street name, no other information, just 67 Dublin. That's as useful as saying you live in number 24 New York. And they keep changing my phone number to a British mobile number. I'm not British, I don't own a British phone of any kind. The last excuse was "oh, that was set as the primary number so it resets, but we've changed your primary number now". And they had. But they've gone and changed it back again.

Grrrr.

It's not the end of the world (though if the upgrade fairy was trying to call they'd get some British stranger). It's just another example of how **** their IT systems are. I was also told at one stage that they couldn't put my real address in, as the system said there was another similar address somewhere already. How do they manage when multiple family members have the same address? Or am I supposed to share all my post with my neighbours?

End of rant.

On Celebrity they have recently hired a new VP of marketing who is going to create a best-in-class digital experience. Really. When he is finished in a month or two, maybe he can stop by Royal and give them a digital experience as well?

I went to bed after I posted that last night and worked out it would probably be easier to erm "access" their database directly and update my details at the source than to try do it the proper way through either the UI or via customer care.