Just off Grandeur of The Seas

Just got off the Grandeur of the Seas on Friday from a 7 day Bahamas Cruise. Ports of call were Port Canaveral, Nassau & Coco Cay. We had the select & premium drink packages. If anyone has questions regarding the, Grandeur, just ask.

Edited by LaxJeep23

My impression was good. The Grandeur is a smaller ship, but good. The food was good. We had my time dining each night and ate lunch and breakfast in the dining room as much as possible. The windjammer Buffett was good too, but we prefer to sit down and be served. We had 2 formal nights, one of those was lobster night. The lobster was very flavorful. No complaints on the food.

The service was average. Not bad and not exceptional. The bar staff was great, once they got to know you. Service in the dining room as average. It is apparent that the servers in my time dining have many, many tables. Overall we were happy.

The entertainment was good. Cruise director Mitch and Activities director TT have a great staff. Saw 2 great comedians and the aerial show in the centrum was neat. There was always something to do and enjoy.

I think the Grandeur is perfect for your first cruise.

I have been on 5 cruises and I liked the Grandeur, but know next time I want a bigger ship.

Your cruise will be what you make of it. We had a blast even though the Grandeur is one of their older ships with less "flashy" amenities.

Don't stress!! Enjoy your trip!!

Was wi-fi available all around the ship, including in cabins?

Pools are salt water?

WiFi is all over the ship, including staterooms. Pools are salt water.

Space around the pools was plentiful. We had no issues finding chairs.

I didn't use the wifi as I was enjoying being disconnected, but wifi is offered all around the ship. $39.95 for 1 day or $20.00 per day for the entire cruise. ( if you choose the $20.00 per day rate, you will be billed for each remaining day of your cruise.)

Yes the pools are salt water. There are 2 pools on the ship. The open pool and hot tubs for everyone on deck 9 and then the pool and hot tub in the Solarium for those 16 and older.

I have been on her 3 times & have another booked. I love her. The crew is fantastic. I could always find something good to eat.

Of course, I may be a little prejudiced since that is the only ship I have sailed on.

Heading to Bermuda on the Grandeur in August! Does anybody know the order of menus? I'd like to go to Giovanni's table one night and would like to plan ahead. Any help would be appreciated!

Heading to Bermuda on the Grandeur in August! Does anybody know the order of menus? I'd like to go to Giovanni's table one night and would like to plan ahead. Any help would be appreciated!

I was able to get these details for my cruise back in January from the Restaurant Operations Coordinator on Grandeur at the email address: GR_restaurantoperationscoordinator@rccl.com

You mentioned the prices for internet but do they still offer an unlimited package for two devices? This is what we purchased in April on our cruise on Grandeur and it worked great for us.

Yes, they offer an unlimited package for two devices.

Worst ship in the fleet! ;)

At least on this thread everyone got your wink emoticon.:rolleyes:

We love GR and the only reason we're doing other ships before GR again is the itineraries. Our experience is that the staff on board is very friendly and the ship never really feels crowded. Our next GR cruise is a 12 night with some different ports (Barbados and St Lucia are new to us). We have yet to have a bad meal onboard and find the ship very relaxing.

• 3 weeks later...

When we sailed on Grandeur last year we noticed that there was about a six inch gap on one of the top outdoor decks (maybe around the jogging track) that they had covered with a long piece of rubber so no one would fall in - like the deck was actually coming apart. Is it still like this, or did they fix it?

Also, the shuffleboard equipment was in horrible need of replacing as they were all badly broken. Have they been replaced?

When we sailed on Grandeur last year we noticed that there was about a six inch gap on one of the top outdoor decks (maybe around the jogging track) that they had covered with a long piece of rubber so no one would fall in - like the deck was actually coming apart. Is it still like this, or did they fix it?

Also, the shuffleboard equipment was in horrible need of replacing as they were all badly broken. Have they been replaced?

I did not notice this when I was aboard in late May/early June.

As far as the Deck 10 Running Track...this was damaged in the bitter cold weather in the winter 0f 2014. It is damage to the aluminum decking and will be repaired during the next dry docking which will take place in 2017. I have been on the ship twice since the damage happened and no one has fallen through yet. The gap has been well covered !

As far as the shuffleboard equipment I do not use it and have not noticed the condition of it.

As of now we have three more cruise scheduled for Grandeur and hope to do many more.

:):)

As far as the Deck 10 Running Track...this was damaged in the bitter cold weather in the winter 0f 2014. It is damage to the aluminum decking and will be repaired during the next dry docking which will take place in 2017. I have been on the ship twice since the damage happened and no one has fallen through yet. The gap has been well covered !

As far as the shuffleboard equipment I do not use it and have not noticed the condition of it.

As of now we have three more cruise scheduled for Grandeur and hope to do many more.

:):)

This damage happened in March 2014. We were onboard (very first cruise). The ship hit a wave really hard & cracked the deck & sprung the railings. The fix is temporary but you can still use the deck. I was on in October 2014 & we used the shuffleboard equipment. I didn't notice anything wrong with it. We saw people playing shuffleboard in May & nobody seemed to be complaining.