First time allure seas help!!

Do we need to pre book shows before we sail?

We have my time dining- again do we need to decide and book a specific time before we sail or can this be done on a daily basis during the cruise?

We have a free drinks package included- is tonic water/ mixers included in this or is it just soft drinks from dispensing machines ie. Coke etc?

How do the staff in the kids club contact you if your child wants to leave? I have read they do not page you?

Is there an adults only pool/ lounge area?

Any quiet areas to relax in the sun?

And finally any other hints and tips for first timers?? Many thanks

I would recommend it for Mama Mia, Blue Planet and Ice Games. When we were there last week the others were okay for standby

We have my time dining- again do we need to decide and book a specific time before we sail or can this be done on a daily basis during the cruise?

We have a free drinks package included- is tonic water/ mixers included in this or is it just soft drinks from dispensing machines ie. Coke etc?

How do the staff in the kids club contact you if your child wants to leave? I have read they do not page you?

Can't help with any of these, I'm afraid

Yep, the Solarium

When we were there the SunDeck (Deck 14 aft) was pretty quiet. But there's no pool there. And nowhere was all that quiet on the Sea Day (the last day, when we were sailing and so nobody could get off to do excursions)

Be prepared to spend more than you might expect. Be prepared to eat more than you expect! And I am sure you will have a great time!

You don't need to pre-book shows, but it's highly recommended, especially for the comedy show.

We need to know the name of your free drinks package before we can tell what it includes.

Would definitely recommend booking the shows. Keep in mind that you are booking entrance only to the show location, not a specific seat. You can join the line outside the venue if you don't book. You need to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the show and your sea pass card is scanned, which will show you had made a reservation.

About 10 minutes prior to the show people in line are allowed in to take what seats are left.

You may/may not get in depending on the "no shows." The comedy club is a small location, would definitely make a reservation. You might not get in otherwise.

Also suggest making a reservation for the Aqua theater early in the week. If weather is not good they may cancel the show and re-schedule for later in the week.

If you change your mind, don't show up, etc. you have not lost anything .....you can always go standby another time.

Edited by PMcC1998

I agree that I definitely think that you need reservations for the aqua theater show the comedy show for sure. For a long time online, the comedy show was completely booked, but I kept trying and eventually something opened up. They do a kid friendly comedy show the last night of the cruise in the bigger theater that you do not need reservations for. To play it safe though, I would make reservations for everything that you are wanting to see.

Our favorite quiet place to soak up some sun was to take the stairs on the side of the aqua theater down to I believe deck 5 where the jogging track is. Although you cant lay down, they have comfy Adirondack chairs at the aft of the ship. Sunny, amazing views, and a great place to read. We had an occasional jogger go by but that didn't bother us.

I did make reservations for my time dining. It essentially holds your spot so they know when you are coming. Sometimes when everyone comes at once you may have to wait, but if you have reservations you basically go to the top of the line. You can always adjust the times when on board.

Our favorite quiet place to soak up some sun was to take the stairs on the side of the aqua theater down to I believe deck 5 where the jogging track is. Although you cant lay down, they have comfy Adirondack chairs at the aft of the ship. Sunny, amazing views, and a great place to read. We had an occasional jogger go by but that didn't bother us.

I second the Adirondack chairs. Here's a photo of the area.

19323217379_97e371a717_z.jpg

And finally any other hints and tips for first timers??

This size of ship is overwhelming to most people. It is huge. My advice is to not feel bad if you end up changing your mind about something you've booked. You're on vacation, you may get into relaxation mode, and if you don't feel like going to the show you've booked, don't go. Someone in the stand-by line will happily take your place. :)

My point is, just enjoy yourself. You don't have to try to do everything. :)

It's a very good idea to pre book your shows.

You don't need to pre-book shows, but it's highly recommended, especially for the comedy show.

We need to know the name of your free drinks package before we can tell what it includes.

Thanks everyone for your very helpful replies.

The drinks package is ' The all inclusive select drinks,soda package', - for soft drinks small print just states ' fountain soda'. We wanted to know if mixers would be included. Ie we could take our own gin on board and be able to get free bottles of tonic, soda etc? Also would bottled water be included.? Thanks

The drinks package is ' The all inclusive select drinks,soda package', - for soft drinks small print just states ' fountain soda'. We wanted to know if mixers would be included. Ie we could take our own gin on board and be able to get free bottles of tonic, soda etc? Also would bottled water be included.? Thanks

Royal does not allow spirits to be brought onboard for consumption during the cruise, nor do they sell bottles of spirits onboard for consumption during the cruise.

The Select package does not include bottles of water. Just soda, non-alcoholic cocktails, beer, and wine up to $8 per glass.

Edited by clarea

You cannot take liquor on board. You can take 2 bottles of wine per cabin. This should be in your carryon luggage.

Water, not bottled, but in a glass or plastic tumbler is available at all bars and food locations. Many people take a thermal mug/sports bottle for water, lemonade, etc. You can fill this yourself, but use a glass - health concerns if you put your bottle directly to the sprocket/tap.