Classic Caribbean versus Jewel Itinerary

Stuboy

My wife and I are considering our 2nd Windstar cruise and looking forward to one of the sail ships after being on the Legend in Europe this past spring. We can't make up our mind between the Surf on the Classic Caribbean itinerary or the Star on the Jewels of the Windward Islands. Would appreciate it if anyone who might have tried both or for that matter either 1 could offer some advise.

Thanks,

Our first Wind Star cruise was in 2013 on the Wind Star through the Panama Canal and Costa Rica. Previously the smallest ship we had been on had 600 passengers. We loved it! Loved the sails, the ports, the crew, the captain, the chef, and people on board.

Our second Wind Star cruise was in 2015 aboard the Wind Surf on the Classic Caribbean cruise. Again, loved the sails, the crew, the ports of call. We met some wonderful new friends and hung out with them throughout the cruise. There a few more nooks and crannies on the Wind Surf to loose yourself in. There are also two lounges with music instead of one on the Wind Star. Plus the Yacht Club is nice for early morning lattes and afternoon sandwiches on the Surf.

We loved the itinerary on the Classic Caribbean. We love all the different ports and each one different from the others. I liked the Wind Surf because there were a few more options but I think I'd choose the Wind Star for being more intimate. Of course it's really about the itinerary too so I would look at the first. Any of their ships would work for me! Best of luck!