Classic Caribbean or Yachtsman's Caribbean

acwmom

My husband and I are considering sailing on the Windsurf, and would like opinions on these two cruises. The Classic seems to hit more ports, the Yachtsman tends to stay put overnight.

We tend to like to get out and see things, so I'm thinking we may get bored on the Yachtsman's itinerary????

We were actually booked for the Yachtsman earlier this year, but switched to a Danube River cruise instead.

We have sailed on both RCCL and Celebrity, and prefer the smaller ships now, after having done 3 river cruises. After reading about Windstar, it seems like it would be the perfect fit for us.....Plus, my husband is really intrigued by the sails.

Thanks to anyone who has done both itineraries, and can comment on the differences.

Robin

We've done Yachtsman's twice on the Surf and the other itinerary on anothet sail boat. St. Barths worth the overnight stay. Jost doesn't have much to do but had world famous bars and gorgeous beach. Classic definitely hits more islands if you want to move around more. We loved the French islands. My determination between the two might be air fares and room rates if you want to stay before or after. Any day on the Surf is fine with us. We also did Legend out of San Juan last year and minus the sails, another great experience with less flying hassle for us as we could fly non stop from home. Don't think you can miss!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For us, the price to St. Martin is the same as to San Juan, though I did look at the cruise on the Star Legend. Both of the Wind Surf cruise itineraries sail roundtrip out of St. Martin, so that doesn't make a difference.

As far as sailing on the Wind Star, I don't like the itinerary as much, and I've been to Barbados. I haven't been to St. Martin. (Plus, my husband is intrigued by the bigger size of the Wind Surf)

Robin

My husband and I are considering sailing on the Windsurf, and would like opinions on these two cruises. The Classic seems to hit more ports, the Yachtsman tends to stay put overnight.

We tend to like to get out and see things, so I'm thinking we may get bored on the Yachtsman's itinerary????

We were actually booked for the Yachtsman earlier this year, but switched to a Danube River cruise instead.

We have sailed on both RCCL and Celebrity, and prefer the smaller ships now, after having done 3 river cruises. After reading about Windstar, it seems like it would be the perfect fit for us.....Plus, my husband is really intrigued by the sails.

Thanks to anyone who has done both itineraries, and can comment on the differences.

Robin

We chose the Yachtsman specifically for Jost....We've been there a few times and think it is the prettiest beach we've ever been to. We also plan to enjoy having fun at Foxy's in the evening...I was told the tenders back to the ship run late.

That being said, we're hoping that we will enjoy this cruise so much that we will take the Classic Caribbean cruise next year.

Hi acwmom. We've mused over this very same conundrum. Dodged the question this year and booked a Mediterranean cruise instead. But next time -- and I hope it won't be very long -- the wife and I want to hop on board the Wind Surf for a back-to-back in the Caribbean. The answer to any impossible dilemma is to do the James T. Kirk thing and break the rules. :D

Hi acwmom. We've mused over this very same conundrum. Dodged the question this year and booked a Mediterranean cruise instead. But next time -- and I hope it won't be very long -- the wife and I want to hop on board the Wind Surf for a back-to-back in the Caribbean. The answer to any impossible dilemma is to do the James T. Kirk thing and break the rules. :D

I wish I could do a back to back! Actually, our trip on the Danube last year was a 13 day trip, but it was later in the spring.

I am self-employed, and taking that much time off at that time of year is next to impossible:-(

Robin

We did the Classic last January and loved it! Years ago on another cruise, St Martin had been our favorite island so this time we actually found a nonstop flight to St Martin and flew in one week prior to the cruise and stayed in a condo on the beach in Grand Case. That was a wonderful and relaxing week with hanging on the beach every day and eating delicious food every night.

The classic cruise was fun since we love being in different ports every day. Barbuda with the frigate bird sanctuary and the pink sand beach was just amazing! In Dominica we went to the herbalist and to a small farm that was delightful. Les Saintes was walkable and quaint, the beach BBQ always yummy, St Kitts was historical and St Bart's our favorite this go around. We rented a car with new friends and went beach and bar hopping all day in St Bart's.

We did look at yachtsman but the date was better on classic and with we wanted to see all new islands which we did on the classic. Whatever you choose, enjoy Wind Surf!

Edited by Ski Mom 2