Forward Category B on Deck 1 - Windsurf

avalon1025

I have been on deck one many times. I was in 147 in July. It was in a very good location. As a past passenger I was in line for an upgrade. I refused an upgrade because I knew that 147 (148 opp side) was in an excellent place. It is quiet, close to the forward elevator, and not blocked off from the elevator when they close the sea doors. For 30 minutes before and after docking, the sea doors on decks 1 and 2 are closed. You cannot walk down the hallway. For people in mid-ship cabins, they are blocked off from using the elevators and must use the stairs. Forward elevators go up to the main lounge, Veranda, and Aamphora without needing to walk to the aft or be outside. All cabins except for the suites are identical. They all have 2 portholes. The furniture arrangement is good. There is lots of storage space, good lighting , and a nice bathroom with L'Occitane products. Fridge can be stocked with your preference of soft drinks, etc.

Some tips: Buy the unlimited laundry service. Comes back same day everyday. I packed clean clothes to come home. Book Candles (outside grill) on a night when the ship is in ports. Eating outside is nice. Steaks are as good as any that I have had at Capital Grill. Don't miss the deck BBQ or the staff show. Relax and enjoy!

Have stayed several times in the forward cabins on deck 1- They avoid the noise from the Boarding and disembarking process and the side thrusters/motors when docking that cabins in the rear of the ship are exposed to. I would avoid 154, 157 & 155 due to people talking at elevators, and if I remember correctly there is also a crew door in that area where the noise of crew coming and going would be heard. 147 would be perfect, and I would not take an upgrade unless it was a suite (very unlikely).

Have fun

Have stayed several times in the forward cabins on deck 1- They avoid the noise from the Boarding and disembarking process and the side thrusters/motors when docking that cabins in the rear of the ship are exposed to. I would avoid 154, 157 & 155 due to people talking at elevators, and if I remember correctly there is also a crew door in that area where the noise of crew coming and going would be heard. 147 would be perfect, and I would not take an upgrade unless it was a suite (very unlikely).

Have fun

UH OH...I'm in 155...Guess I'll bring earplugs!