Current beverage package price?

Janman

The drink package is $993.60 per cabin. Both passengers are required to buy the package. This includes the gratuity which is based on the package price and not "per drink". I just purchased it.

I do not know the level of wines and drinks that are included (Gray Goose, Johnny Walker Green or Blue?) but am sure the top, top shelf are not. Same with wines. While there are pretty decent sparkling wines included, Champagne is not included.

The drink package is $993.60 per cabin. Both passengers are required to buy the package. This includes the gratuity which is based on the package price and not "per drink". I just purchased it.

I do not know the level of wines and drinks that are included (Gray Goose, Johnny Walker Green or Blue?) but am sure the top, top shelf are not. Same with wines. While there are pretty decent sparkling wines included, Champagne is not included.

For the wines, you're limited to the ones served by the glass, up to $12.50 (or maybe $12). This cover a couple sparkling wines but not Champagne, and a selections of whites reds and roses. For reds, the Chateau Greysac as well as a couple Italians are fine.

Perhaps your cruise is 8 days, not 7? The website quotes $108 per stateroom per day plus 15% gratuity. That would be $993.60 in total for 8 days.

There is also conflicting info on the Windstar website. The "order ahead" PDF Onboard Guest Packages Gifts and Services form says this:

*Premium Beverage Packages are only sold per stateroom/suite and must be purchased for all guests occupying a stateroom/suite. Package must be added by the rst day of the cruise and must be purchased for full duration of the cruise. Package price (based on double occupancy) is $116 per stateroom/suite, per day, and does not include the standard 15% beverage service charge. Beverage premium up charge is $1.15 per glass. All sparkling wines and wines by the glass are included that are $12 and under. Bottles of wine and champagne are excluded from the package. Package prices are inclusive of applicable taxes. Minimum drinking age aboard Windstar Cruises is 21 years old.

But under the " general information" section of the website it says:

PREMIUM BEVERAGE PACKAGE

This package offers you unlimited premium cocktails, sparkling wines, and wine by the glass that are $12 and under, some top shelf brands, and beer. Includes mini-bar beverage selections and beverages provided through room service. Packages are only sold by stateroom or suite and must be purchased for all guests occupying the stateroom or suite. The Beverage Package must be purchased by the first day of the cruise and the cost covers the full duration of the cruise. Package price is $108 per stateroom/suite per day, and does not include the standard 15% beverage service charge. Bottles of wine and champagne are excluded from the package. The package price is inclusive of applicable taxes and please note the minimum drinking age aboard Windstar Cruises is 21 years old.

So not sure if the price went up to $116 per day or whether is is $108?? We paid $108 back in 2014 but not sure if it was worth it.

You are correct-we are on a 8 day cruise. Have wrestled with unlimited drink packages every time I've cruised and have concluded that at worse I may break even. Not having to hassle with individual drink purchases and reviewing several pages of charges at the end of the cruise is worth it to my sanity.

Another cruiser said even if you're touring all day you won't be drinking on the boat. If you have a couple drinks before dinner, wine with dinner and a couple drinks after dinner, you are in a break even position. I understand sodas and bottled water is also included.

Can you give me an idea what cocktails and after dinner drinks cost? Manhattan, pina colada, Bailey's for example?

Try searching this forum, I am sure it has been posted before. There was always a daily special and generally drinks were under $10, similar or lower than wine prices which are also posted by others on this forum.

This past week, I was quoted $869.40 by Windstar for the drink package on my seven day cruise in September. I was told that this included the 15% service charge.

So at that price ( I assume 7 day price) it must be about $120 a day plus gratuity per cabin.

Gratuities are included, so you're looking at $60pp a day. That's probably close enough to 5 drinks with gratuities, so as one example that would be a glass of wine with lunch, a sail away drink at the bar, a couple glasses of wine with dinner and a nightcap.

Unless, of course, one person in the cabin does not drink alcohol and the other is forced to pay twice. That's hardly fair. I understand their concern that if only one passenger buys the package the other might consume the alcohol in the cabin. But they could offer a one person package only for public rooms so there would be no abuse of the system.

This also assumes you are board at lunch. We only ate lunch on board on sea days, and with only one a week on most sailings, I am not sure I would factor that in. Not trying to talk anyone into or out of the package, but just pointing out that on most days, lunch will be off the ship for most people.

This also assumes you are board at lunch. We only ate lunch on board on sea days, and with only one a week on most sailings, I am not sure I would factor that in. Not trying to talk anyone into or out of the package, but just pointing out that on most days, lunch will be off the ship for most people.

I'm not sure "most". We tend to tour in the morning, have lunch on board, and then wander around port in the afternoon. Veranda tends to be fairly full at lunch time.

I'm not sure "most". We tend to tour in the morning, have lunch on board, and then wander around port in the afternoon. Veranda tends to be fairly full at lunch time.

On our back to back in the Med there were very, very few people who returned during the day.

• 11 months later...
I also think this must be old pricing as the prices seem too low. I have sent anther message off to customer service to see if I can get a more satisfactory answer.

Thanks for posting the list. The prices do not seem too low to me. On the contrary, after you add the gratuity you end up paying a lot for quite simple wines.

I hope Windstar does not think that they are too low either. Living in Europe we are used to access good quality wines at good restaurants for lower prices than that ones listed there. For example for a Vino Nobile, we have just paid at a good resort around US 50 including gratuities and taxes.

• 3 weeks later...

We purchased the beverage package on one of our cruises. We found it stressful trying to hit the break even mark every day over the cruise. We realized we don't drink enough to make it worthwhile. If they have a wine only package for dinners I would do that in the future.