Carnival Spirit: Can Balcony partition be removed

LAAB

Hi,

The Wife and I have a Balcony room next door to the kids (not adjoining with door between) on Deck 6

I was wondering if the partition between balconies can be opened or removed so that we can have a Family Balcony.

Regards, Leigh

From what ive seen on pictures of most all ships and the ship that I've been on, plus I just did a picture search of Carnival spirit balcony partitions they do open up so to speak. There's a latch from each side that has to be undone then the partition swings open making both balconies into 1.

There's a latch from each side that has to be undone then the partition swings open making both balconies into 1.
Hi,

Thanks for that info. So there might be a chance that our Steward can open it for us.

Regards, Leigh

99 out of 100 times yes it is possible, but tough for you to do on your own. When you board stop at guest services to request this and they should be able to get it done for you rather quickly.
Hi,

Thanks for your info. I'll take those odds. 99/100 is pretty good. :)

I'll ask when I get on board.

Regards, Leigh

I know that there is a site out there that lists which balcony dividers can be opened, and which cannot, but I don't know where it is. The problem comes, and I don't know the Spirit, but some dividers swing out towards the rail and can be tied back in this position. Some swing towards the cabin, and the adjacent cabins are mirror images so opening the divider will block the balcony door in the next cabin, so they are not allowed to be opened.

If the two cabins are separated by a fire zone boundary (those doors in the hallways), then the dividers should not be opened, but the Steward may do it anyway.

On this class ship only, YOU MUST make the request at guest services. Occupants of both rooms must attend (may be waved being they are your kids). Go early, because the partitions on this class ship requires and installation of a clamp that will affix the opened partition to the balcony rail. There are only a set number of clamps that dictate how many partitions are opened. So first come, first served.

If the captain approves, a burly maintenance man will come and knock on your door, and complete the request.

Last I heard, they no longer open the aft partitions, which is disappointing. I know many that used to book an entire row of cabins and have the cock of the walk back there. There are also a few cabins that prohibit from being opened.

On this class ship only, YOU MUST make the request at guest services. Occupants of both rooms must attend (may be waved being they are your kids). Go early, because the partitions on this class ship requires and installation of a clamp that will affix the opened partition to the balcony rail. There are only a set number of clamps that dictate how many partitions are opened. So first come, first served.

If the captain approves, a burly maintenance man will come and knock on your door, and complete the request.

That's the way it works on all ships, not just the Spirit. Both parties had to go to Guest Services on our last three cruises to get them to open them. (Liberty, Freedom and Conquest). The girl at Guest Services checked a sheet to see if they could be opened. When she verified that they could be opened, she wrote it down on a sheet of paper and then notified our steward who opened it.

I was in balcony room 6149 on carnival Spirit. They cleaned the balconies twice on my ship. They opened the partitions so they could clean properly between balconies. The partitions take seconds to open.

So, the next issue is just getting some one from the ship to open the partition for you.

That's the way it works on all ships, not just the Spirit. Both parties had to go to Guest Services on our last three cruises to get them to open them. (Liberty, Freedom and Conquest). The girl at Guest Services checked a sheet to see if they could be opened. When she verified that they could be opened, she wrote it down on a sheet of paper and then notified our steward who opened it.

I only ask my room steward for the other class ships. They then just open, they swing back, and they hook to the wall, eye and needle.

I forgot to mention that you should check the deck plan to see if the balconies are on the same alignment.

For instance, my balcony room 6149 was at the end of a row. The cabin next to me, 6151, was indented. So, there was no partition. The same happens between rooms

- 6153 and 6155

- 6146 and 6148

- 6150 and 6152

- 6217 and 6219

- 6182 and 6184

- 6253 and 6255

- 6218 and 6220

- 6281 and 6283

- 6234 and 6236

On the Spirit Class only, the divider swings toward the balcony railing. It has to be clamped to the railing to keep it there. There are only a few clamps available so make sure you request it to be opened as soon as you get on the ship. It's first come, first served.

Also on any of our cruises that we've been on, the steward won't do it unless you go through guest services. Some say all you have to do is ask them but we've always been told it has to be done through Guest Services.