Carnival Dream May 2018

BIGREDIOWAN

Yikes! That sounds pretty awful. I hope you got some kind of answer from Carnival.

Now I'm afraid that if I book a couples massage I'll end up with a bikini waxing! :eek:

At the end of the video I mention Carnival made it right but they also said it could happen again.

Thank you for sharing, we will be on the Dream in February 2018.

That was a terrible spa experience. I have been pretty lucky in the cruise spa experiences I have had in the past.

Most spas on cruise ships are not owned or managed by the cruise line. Most of them are other companies/franchises, not affiliated with the cruise line. I wish they would be more transparent about this to passengers.

I typically do not pre book spa treatments online, I will book directly with the spa once on board and I always ask for a confirmation card so I don't forget. Maybe this is why I haven't had an issue with time changing. After hearing your experience I will stick to booking on board. I figure if they don't have the treatment I want on the day and time I want then it wasn't meant to be.

I hope those that are worried they will now get the wrong treatment will not be afraid to stop their treatment if it isn't what they booked or wanted. I have found that just making it known right away the employees will go out of the way to make things right. It is harder for them to make something right if you are halfway through or finished with a treatment and say, that wasn't what I wanted.

I also do not like the hard selling that has become all too common. I have had some luck with letting the technician know at the start of my service that I do not want any sales pitch, I am on vacation and not interested in purchasing products. Should they forget or ignore at the end, which they often do (I figure they have a quota or something), I stop them and tell them no. Again I have been lucky that it normally works. Of course, I have no problem walking away from someone who is talking if I have already told them twice I wasn't interested.

I had no idea that the spa would allow you to pay with a credit card and not use your sign and sail card, I didn't even know that was an option. After hearing your experience I won't try because the last thing I want to do on my vacation is spend time arguing about being over charged.

I am really glad to hear that Carnival made it right even when it really wasn't their responsibility, that was nice to hear.

Thank you so much for sharing!

At the end of the video I mention Carnival made it right but they also said it could happen again.

Thanks for the update. I was watching the video on the train, so I have to admit I missed the last minute or two. If I do end up booking anything spa related, I'll be careful to check my times and receipts.

I loved the Dream Spa! I get seasick still recommend. I've bought the spa pass and done a spa room. The Dream has a great spa. The Thalasso pool is amazing and not available on many ships. I went every night after dinner. Also, their relaxation room is so nice. I just sailed RCL Harmony of the Seas and their spa PALED in comparison. Dream has two rooms with heated loungers and RCL largest ship on the seas had one dinky room with 8 beds total! They one tiny sauna (I don't think 5 people could fit!) one steam and one shower - all in the same big room.

One thing to remember with Spa Services is that is how those people get paid. They're contract employees and not Carnival employees.

I am going on her April 29-May 6th and I CAN'T WAIT! I was on RCL Freedom May last year and I wanted my hubby to go on CCL this time around so he can see which one he likes better. I have been on Conquest a few years ago and liked it. I am not partial to one line over the other. My hubs might be though. But we will only do cruises when school is in and NOT on spring break or any other break.

We're on the same itinerary. I have also been on RCL Freedom, an on CCL Breeze 2 years ago. Apples and oranges....

I can't wait! It will be my first NOLA departure

Sent from my NS-P10A6100 using Forums mobile app