STAR aft over the Spinnaker

vtgumby

Hi.

Does anyone have direct experience with any noise on the 8th floor above the Spinnaker lounge? Love the aft and have done the 9th floor with that gorgeous cushion of cabins above and below but wouldn't mind trying another level so if you've been STAR aft over the Spinnaker please advise. Naturally it would seem we're opening ourselves to noise but perhaps not (or rather hoping not?) so we thought we'd go to our past cruisers for their experiences.

THANKS!

We stayed in Dawn's cabin 8667 .

It thumped loud & hard till the wee hours of the morning.:( :(

THANKS so much, we thought it was a distinct possibility so glad I asked and REALLY glad you gave us the scoop!

Moving back up to 9th!

:)

We had the aft balcony deck 8 on the Star last Christmas and New Year. Fabulous cruise (even with the Azipod issue) but marred by the noise, from the Spinnaker (it was moved from when we first booked). Gave us a few Comp speciality dinners but needed a rest when we got home.

We had the aft balcony deck 8 on the Star last Christmas and New Year. Fabulous cruise (even with the Azipod issue) but marred by the noise, from the Spinnaker (it was moved from when we first booked). Gave us a few Comp speciality dinners but needed a rest when we got home.

THANKS Denise, appreciate your input!

• 2 weeks later...

we just booked an aft cabin on deck 8 for a panama canal cruise. It was the only aft balcony left. Is the noise that bad at night that you would change to port or starboard balcony? Are the vires for 14 days worth the noise at night? We don't go to bed too early and usually keep the TV on, thoughts?

we just booked an aft cabin on deck 8 for a panama canal cruise. It was the only aft balcony left. Is the noise that bad at night that you would change to port or starboard balcony? Are the vires for 14 days worth the noise at night? We don't go to bed too early and usually keep the TV on, thoughts?

Our friend booked the 8th floor aft balcony on the Star and her solution was to become the Disco Queen! We didn't see much of her that cruise. But, we all had a fantastic time! The views really are fantastic and you can smell the bread baking. I gained about 5 pounds just from the aromas.

Thanks for the input, after reading the reviews of the 8th deck aft balcony rooms over the Spinnaker we changed ours. I figured spending all that money and then having to deal with the noise at night would take away from our experience. We now have a port side balcony and the money saved will pay for our airfare with some leftover for excursions! Now I can look forward to the cruise and not worry if I made the wrong decision! Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the input, after reading the reviews of the 8th deck aft balcony rooms over the Spinnaker we changed ours. I figured spending all that money and then having to deal with the noise at night would take away from our experience. We now have a port side balcony and the money saved will pay for our airfare with some leftover for excursions! Now I can look forward to the cruise and not worry if I made the wrong decision! Thanks for the advice!

Now take the saving's and buy a thermal spa pass $139 .

The lounger's in the spa have floor to ceiling full aft. view window's on deck 11.

Edited by biker@sea