NCL Gem, Hurricane Irma-- leaving from NYC to Canada 9/9/17--

Apple1012

Lets start the official thread. What are your thoughts? I know it's too early to tell. But what are the best resources to keep abreast this obvious concern?? Even if it stays south, or heads north and east outward to sea, how do we know the impact it will have on the cruise going from NYC up to Maine and Canada? Definitely concerned, travelling with my just under 4 year old twins and husband (first time cruise and prone to motion sickness oy! bonine is all ready to go lol) . Thank you for any and all input and advice

Your concern should be what happens that might keep you from getting back to NYC, the sailing is not going to be delayed. The storm will still be in south Florida when you sail.

Thanks a bunch, def makes sense. Just wondering if there are any sites out there that would tell you how the water would be affected . I figure cruise will just do its best to comfort passengers and not really give the full scoop

Pretty much your news channels can help.

NOBODY even knows for sure where it will hit this weekend in Florida. NYC?

Lets start the official thread. What are your thoughts? I know it's too early to tell. But what are the best resources to keep abreast this obvious concern?? Even if it stays south, or heads north and east outward to sea, how do we know the impact it will have on the cruise going from NYC up to Maine and Canada? Definitely concerned, travelling with my just under 4 year old twins and husband (first time cruise and prone to motion sickness oy! bonine is all ready to go lol) . Thank you for any and all input and advice

Don't think you will have a problem at all. Storm will be well south. We are going on the breakaway on 9/10 to Bermuda. Don't even know if that will happen with Jose behind Irma. I think your in better shape then us. These are the chances we take during hurricane season.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are your thoughts today about cruise to Canada this weekend coming back next weekend?

I rather go to Bermuda for sure. Weather not so warm up there. We just had a mini vacation in Maine and when sun went down it got chilly. If we go to Canada so be it. Guess this is the chance you take for cheaper rates and hurricane season. I rather them cancel then go to Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are your thoughts today about cruise to Canada this weekend coming back next weekend?

leaving you will be totally fine. Storm hits south Florida on sat, mid Florida on Sunday, and so on.

Depending on where it goes after that, your return might be impacted, but at this point - nothing to focus on yet.

My thoughts are I havent seen anything bad forecasted for up this far north. Weather forecasts that I have seen for each of the ports Canada/Maine look decent.