Thick blankets on Eclipse balconies in Baltics?

VA_Traveler

Our little family of four loved spending time on our balcony during our Solstice Alaska trip four years ago. There were thick woolen blankets -- I think green and blue plaid? We asked our cabin steward for some to keep out there and had a nice pile. Those blankets came in SO handy when snuggling quietly on the balcony, very very late at night, watching the sea and fog drift by.

SO... we are traveling to the Baltics next summer on Eclipse! And it looks like we might have at least some weather similar to Alaska. Does anyone here know whether they offer those soft heavy blankets for balcony use on the Eclipse? I hope so!

We had them on Eclipse in Norway in May. Our butler brought us some and there were more at the towel stands on deck.

Also loving the balcony and having a kettle in the room I packed a hot water bottle! I snuggled in my lounger, hot water bottle under my blanket and enjoyed my coffee and pastries as we entered Bergen and Geiranger...

We were lucky and had fabulous weather during the day but as the sun went over it was cold...

Those nice alcoholic coffees from cafe el bachio keep you warm too!

Have a great cruise!

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for this post & the replies! Cozy blankets are just what I was hoping we'd have aboard our upcoming Eclipse TA to warm us as we sit on our starboard side veranda!

We just came back from Baltics and Norway B2B on Eclipse....Let me start by saying this is a fantastic cruise!! A couple of things I learned that you might consider:

Blankets for your balcony: Yup they have them and there were times we needed them. We got ours at the Corning Glass Show and took them back to our cabin to use on the balcony but you can also ask your room steward and he/she will bring them to you. We kept the same 3 blankets for the duration of both cruises.

Norway: If it's at all possible do the B2B. We've been all over the world and I have to say NOrway is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen....although the food sucks ;p (I hate fish)

Baltics: In Stockholm, Copenhagen and Tallinn we booked HOHO buses on our own and were picked up and returned to the pier right outside the ship. In Warnemunde we booked Berlin from all Sides by Coach and Boat and it was wonderful. If you've never been to St. Petersburg (we had) I would recommend you bite the bullet and buy the 2 day package. You'll get to see just about everything and everything is worth while. If you have additional questions or want more info, you can contact me directly.

Hydrokitty: we saw an earlier post indicating that the hoho in Copenhagen was too crowded in the summer and at the most famous stops if you got off, it was hard to get on to another bus later. Can you comment?

I do not know about Copenhagen, but we had a similar experience with HoHo in Oslo. After we finished with one of our planned stops every bus that came by was full and would not stop where we were waiting. I think we waited as 3 or 4 buses passed us by. By the time we finally got on a bus the only thing we could do is go back to the ship. Thus, we missed several things we wanted to see.

Carolyn

Hydrokitty: we saw an earlier post indicating that the hoho in Copenhagen was too crowded in the summer and at the most famous stops if you got off, it was hard to get on to another bus later. Can you comment?

we had no problem with HOHO in Copenhagen. The bus was crowded in the morning but as the day wore on and people disbursed we had no trouble getting on when we wanted to. We visited Tivoli Gardens in the morning and spent about 4 hours there! It was amazing and lunch on the pirate ship restaurant was very good and a lot of fun. We also walked around and then later in the day visited Gelfion fountain and the Little Mermaid before picking up the bus back to the pier. I would say that was the most crowded stop and the longest we waited, which was about 15 minutes. Make sure you book the Gray Line HOHO...the Red City bus was not as reliable. Can't comment on Oslo as our trip didn't go to Oslo. But we had no problem it Stockholm or Tallinn either.