NCL Dawn PH 9000 electrical outlets

mim100

Hi everyone....I've read some posts that say there are very few US outlets in this suite, seems they're mostly UK but I'm wondering if there's been renovations since then. Can anyone tell me the current status? We're travelling in April and won't bring a converter unless we need one. Thanks for all your help :D

We were just in a 2 bedroom suite on the dawn. We pretty much had to use the outlets in the bathroom for charging everything. Wished I would have brought a converter!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe the Dawn has European two pin outlets, not UK outlets.

Having said that, if you are looking at charging electronics, you only need an "adapter", not a "converter" which changes the 220v to 110v. Most all electronics made in the last 10 years will accept 220v input.

I believe all staterooms have at least one US 110v outlet, and one 220v outlet.

Isn't there an extra 220 volts outlet in (almost) all the staterooms, normally used for the coffee-maker/machine - I can only imagine that PH suites would have even more. Unplug it and use one of the inexpensive round plug adapter, available often in the luggage section of Walmart, Target & of course - Best Buy; and, online retailers like Amazon ... not to mention eBay. Dollar or 99 cents store also has them.

The simple black adapters (we have several variants) as pictured should suffice - the white Apple iPhone charger and the black HTC USB charger are dual voltage 110/220 auto-sensing, UL-listed - with a simple adapter, plug right into the ship's outlet (best practices - unplug & disconnect/remove from outlets)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/Travel%20Gadgets/DIMG160401_1135.jpg

Footnote - the 3 outlets short extension plug (in white) has no surge protector with a polarized blade plug (US - 110/120 volts only, 1875 watts UL rating) - convert the single 110 outlet into 3 outlets. I keep all these (including the 5W LED flashlight & LED micro-sized USB night light (plug into USB port or charger) in a clear pencil case/pouch & toss it in our cruise luggage/accessory bin at home, always ready to go.

• 1 year later...