Eclipse to the Azores in a RS wearing a big boot!

chemmo

Hi Chemmo, thank you for the updates...sounds like you are thouroughly enjoying your cruise!

Do you know how long captain Leo will be on board? We sail in December in the PH and it would be nice to see him again. We too had met him several times on the Summit and would love to see him again.

Thanks, and keep enjoying your cruise!:D

He leaves in October I think. He really is great company and so thoughtful.

We had another great port day on board (Azores). Getting off really is too problematic.....we will visit these destinations again. I once again made the most of an empty Solarium pool!

Tonight we dined again in Murano's. I tried the turbot for the first time...really nice!

I had a very special treat today when a birthday cake and champagne arrived. My husband had mentioned that in our original plans (made as itineraries came out) we would have been in the PH on the Millie in the Far East for a significant birthday next month....With my present issues I can not fly so just like the Queen of England I had an 'official' birthday on board today, very touching!

Tompeter and JennJohnyNYC thanks for your kind thoughts!

Yesterday was our first more cloudy day, the resilient Brits were still out poolside enjoying the clouds....it wasn't raining, it was warm and the bar was open, what is not to like!!

Less evidence of pool hogs on this cruise. Even on the brightest days we have found somewhere to sit. I think many Brits either sun in the morning or in the afternoon but rarely both....Really touched how some guests have manoeuvred things to fit my chair in!

Lifts equally not problematic....there has been the odd guests who has been oblivious to our presence at the lift entrance and we have had to ask to 'please move down' but far more guests holding doors and helping!

Stopped by to listen to a chat re the Faberge eggs, quite informative and not focused on sales.

Dined in Q'sine....as usual a 'good fun' but not a fine dining restaurant restaurant. Service again excellent.

We do not arrive in Lisbon until 1 pm. There is a helipad sail in which unfortunately I don't think I will be able to go to (too many steps). I remember going under the bridge entering Lisbon some years ago and have advised others to attend....always a nice event, especially if you have not done one before.

Guests in wheelchairs have been prewarned (letter yesterday morning) that owing to tides they will not be able to disembark until 4pm. I am sure this is disappointing to some but at least wheelchair guests have had the opportunity to consider looking at all options.

As we do not set sail until 10 pm. Tuscan and its views will be our dining venue tonight. Just hope we are not overlooking container crates! I will feed back if the view is pleasant tomorrow.

The sun is out on the balcony, still full from last night so coffee and pastries on the balcony it will be. The Luminae staff seem a little concerned that we are fairly infrequent in our breakfast and lunchtime visits....we keep reassuring them we love their offerings we just don't want so much food everyday. We also quite like some days just 'picking a few bits' from Oceanview.....No disrespect at all to Luminae we just sometimes find 'less is more enjoyable' for breakfast and lunch.

And finally....

As we head back to Southampton under grey, drizzly skies we know our cruise is coming to an end.

The anticipation of this cruise led us to having high expectations on boarding.

We have not been disappointed....

It has provided us with some quality family time, a little pampering, some excellent meals and outstanding service.

For a post op guest or a guest with mobility issues I can honestly say a cruise is a great way to relax but be aware the destinations are not always easily accessible....Do your homework first.

We have, again, found the RS a fabulous room but would say to any guest with mobility issues consider your particular circumstances first. It definitely has aspects which are not disability friendly (not surprised at this it is not described as an accessible room)! I would also say be aware of your own safety....there are areas on the ship I could have managed on my crutches but it would have been a little risky...not worth it!

Our sincere thanks to Captain Leo and all staff on board who have looked after us so well! If I name one who has gone above and beyond to meet our expectations I will omit others....we have nothing but admiration and praise for all. May the skies be blue and the seas calm on your future voyages and we sincerely hope our paths cross again!

So next cruise, Reflection in March.....minus 'the boot'!

Been loving your live from review from your RS :) just one last question before you return...

Is the suite manager position now in place on Eclipse and who is Michael's Club Concierge at the moment?

No suite manager as yet. Our concierge has been John....very attentive, organised and proactive in looking after his guests....

So glad you have enjoyed your cruise. Think your positive attitude has had something to do with that.

Pleased that you have enjoyed Tuscan, my favourite speciality restaurant. Many on these boards have been disappointed with it recently.

We have found the service in Tuscan outstanding. We have dined in Tuscan as we have left each port. We have dined each evening at 6pm to ensure a window seat. Watching the sky change from sun, to dusk to darkness in Lisbon was very special.

If we ever do have an issue with food in any of the dining venues we voice our issues at the time and let the staff get on with resolving them! No point logging onto CC and moaning!

Over the course of a cruise there is bound to be an item you try that is not to your taste or a steak a little over or under done....Tell the staff and they will sort it! It does not need to make your overall food experience any poorer....I do think many guests can be reluctant to say initially they are not happy with a dish. The servers then are unaware there is a problem and can do nothing to resolve.

I also think in Tuscan, whilst the new menu is fine, many of us miss 'old favourites' which can make guests reflect negatively on present experiences.

All I would say is board and enjoy! I would also add our dining experiences have been equally positive elsewhere on the ship. We have our final meal in Murano's later....really looking forward to it.

Sad for you that your cruise is coming to an end but hope your return journey home goes well.

Just completed online "Morrisons" shop to (hopefully) arrive home just after us tomorrow afternoon. Can almost feel the champagne bubbles in my bloodstream begin to pop! Need to go to Michael's early to replenish....intend to enjoy our last night!!

• 4 weeks later...