please explain about new charges from carnival.

rakchevy

You pay the current price ,which may be more than your original booked. Same thing happened with me. Fascination San Juan 10/1 got canceled due to Maria and I rebooked different ship same week cost me 788.00 more and was a down grade in room as we had no choice being such sort notice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

If the two cruises are truly the same, the dollar amount difference reflects a combination of the effect of cruising during a more attractive time, in other words later in hurricane season, and the effect of booking the replacement Cruise after demand for it has increased its fares.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

You get refunded the amount you paid. You cannot just pick another cruise and expect it to be paid. If it cost more then you paid for cancelled cruise you have to pay the difference.

Been thru before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. Same cruise itinerary but different sailing date may be priced differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you do a search on Carnival's website for cruises, you will see that almost every cruise itinerary on a particular ship will have a different price for the same room all throughout the year. It can vary by a little or a lot depending on many factors.

The more "in demand" a particular time of year the higher the price goes. Examples, summer season is usually more, holiday season is usually more, etc. The price is also different depending on how far in advance you purchase. Seems now that the sooner you book the less the price and it just goes up from there. The fuller the ship gets, the more expensive the rooms get. Used to be a lot easier to get a OBC because the room price dropped sometime before sailing but that doesn't happen hardly ever now.

It's like hotels, but even more extreme. You would not expect a room rate to be the same during an "event" in the area, compared to middle of the week when nothing is going on.

Your new rate is based on all these factors,

Edited by wemjam

we had fully paid for our cruise on sept 11th but hurricane Irma caused us to cancel now trying to set new date for cruise and Ta says carnival wants nearly 800.00 more for Oct 9th cruise can someone explain?:mad:

So sorry for the "nasty" surprise! Did you cancel on your own or did Carnival cancel the cruise? Big difference! Personally I would check outside of your TA because you might find a better deal straight thru Carnival or another booking agent. Does not hurt to look around....

A cruise line like an airline, resort, or any other vacation related commodity will price on the laws or supply and demand. With so many cruises cancelled by the cruise line themselves there is now a glut of passengers that want to rebook their vacations. So once a vacation property or transport, which cruise lines act as both, see an influx of new bookings on a particular date up goes the price until the bookings slow down or it is sold out.

It's a prime reason that when something goes so wrong with a cruise is cancelled that the cruise line give 25-50% off rebooking a new cruise within so many years of the cancelled one. It's their way of saying we know there is an increase and we hope this "coupon" gets you back on board soon with us.

Also many companies have moved to a use it or lose it by year's end policy, for paid time off. (A move by companies to save $$s by not having people accumulate time off to be used when at a higher pay rate.) So if trying to rebook before 2018 you might find that so many passengers immediately upon hearing their cruise was cancelled rebooked before receiving confirmation of their cruise credit or refund.